Author Topic: Any Recent Visitors to GA  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Any Recent Visitors to GA
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2020, 10:10. »
It will be interesting to see if the Spanish government puts life above the economy. I think their tourism will just stop and a quick rethink will emerge. A family of four will add £560.00 to their Spanish holiday.

I wonder if you arrive by road this will also be enforced. There are no border controls when entering Spain by road.

Derek

Hopefully I am a allowed to comment on this and that it does not contravene John's comment  "Let's stick to folk sharing their experiences of their recent visits to GA, I am sure that the vast majority of members of the forum will find that far more useful in their decision making process of whether to travel to GA or not."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:16. by Derek »

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2020, 11:08. »
Apparently they are not enforcing the test if you arrive by road as not practical, not sure by boat. So they will possibly lose their biggest markets eg uk, Germany, Scandinavian whilst allowing French who have higher COVID rates to just drive over border !!

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2020, 16:12. »
At the moment you cannot get to Gran Alacant by driving as you will have to cross various province borders to do so. You can land in Alicante and drive within the Valencia region but cannot legally enter Valencia from any other region. Hence the police checks on the motorways as I was flying in.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2020, 18:30. »
Saw a great article on Costa Blanca news page that the flamingos at torrevieja had loads of chicks this year for first time due to quiet in lockdown. Anyone know if the ones at Santa pola bred this year?

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2020, 22:39. »
Saw a great article on Costa Blanca news page that the flamingos at torrevieja had loads of chicks this year for first time due to quiet in lockdown. Anyone know if the ones at Santa pola bred this year?

Yes I have just read that these restrictions have now been extended to the 9th December.

Derek

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2020, 10:14. »
At the moment you cannot get to Gran Alacant by driving as you will have to cross various province borders to do so. You can land in Alicante and drive within the Valencia region but cannot legally enter Valencia from any other region. Hence the police checks on the motorways as I was flying in.

But you can’t leave your UK home to go to an airport so it’s currently illegal to go to GA by any method

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2020, 12:20. »
Read last night that, I think from today at 12pm, this will also be the case in Scotland, according to Nicola.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Online BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2020, 14:28. »
Hi Derek - its not on the GOV.UK site (yet) where did you pick the extended date up from ?

Yes I have just read that these restrictions have now been extended to the 9th December.

Derek
BeachLife

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2020, 15:26. »
It’s the Valencia restrictions extended like most regions but I see Murcia & Catalonia are going to reopen bars etc albeit with lots of restrictions. N332 Facebook has all details