Author Topic: Any Recent Visitors to GA  (Read 5858 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Any Recent Visitors to GA
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2020, 19:14. »
I agree with John and don’t see the issue as far as I can tell no one has had their views censored unless they started making personal attacks on people .
I have agreed and disagreed with loads of people on here and never been sanctioned,but then again I don’t make personal comments.
Some of the comments have been personal and I suspect designed to provoke a reaction which is not needed.

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2020, 21:12. »
Wow!.....just wow!
Man flies thousands upon thousands of miles then berates others for wanting to do similar????
It's a funny ole world.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2020, 12:20. »
I think this forum reflects societies around the world, some people seem to be polarised in theyre views on many issues, were all arm chair experts on politics and pandemics. What does worry me is the element who just dismiss the other side as losers or fools. Look at the USA the winning side dismissing 70 million trump voters as losers, in the UK the 49% plus the bbc still cant accept the result of democracy. The pandemic has shown the same with ordered societies ie Aust, NZ, Korea and many others doing it one way with it would appear excellent results, then the shambles of most of Europe and the US where we struggle to wash our hands and keep 2 metres apart even now 8 months on. My opinion on this forum back in April was that continued movement of people to holiday homes and resorts would prolong the pandemic into the new year. And guess what its nearly xmas and hundreds are dying each day, and economies are collapsing around us. Worse of all i fear writing the same post this time next year, but hey what do i know.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2020, 17:09. »
Quite a lot by the look of it. I seem remember someone saying that people should not travel to where he lives in the UK for fear of bringing the virus into that area. Quite a sensible comment that was made. However for you or I to suggest the same principle might apply to those that visit GA then maybe a similar logic does not apply in the case of GA. I suppose if you are coming from an area that has a higher rate into an area that has a lower rate then it is putting those in that area at risk.

Obviously the Spanish government have a similar thought as from the 23rd of this month all those entering Spain from the UK will need to get tested and prove they have received a negative result before entry will be allowed.

Derek

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2020, 18:29. »
I flew into BHX this morning and was stopped at the airport and asked where I'd come from, Spain, and if I'd been anywhere else, no, before being allowed to join the passports queue. I was not asked for the UK locator form but have always assumed this would be cross checked with the passports electronically anyway.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 20:30. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2020, 19:03. »
Don't think there is any correlation between the UK government health form and the passport database, we are taking about government services to implement integration between these two systems would likely take years, if ever.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2020, 22:57. »
B&WS - It must vary every day at BHX.

Last Sunday were bussed from T2 to the furthest gate in T1 with a long walk down to immigration. Before the stairs down to the immigration hall, Border security has set up a virtual gat so they were asking all PAX for their locator forms. Lost of people having to move to the side to fire up phones or tablets to show them.

I thought that just the email letters - one each fr me and Mrs BL. But no had to open them up and download the form itself to show them - they correlated that with our passports before we could go downstairs. I genuinly think it depends on how many staff are on as to what checks they do

Hope you had a good time

I flew into BHX this morning and was stopped at the airport and asked where I'd come from, Spain, and if I'd been anywhere else, no, before being allowed to join the passports queue. I was not asked for the UK locator form but have always assumed this would be cross checked with the passports electronically anyway.
BeachLife

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2020, 08:16. »
Here in the UK, we are currently under lockdown with no non-essential travel and no staying away from home overnight. That the bed you intend sleeping in is in another country would appear to be irrelevant in the current circumstances. Equally travelling from a high infection area to a lower one carries with it a risk of worsening the situation. Plague of Eyam anyone?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 11:51. »
Yes we are Tony - I departed the UK on 30th Oct. There was no such restriction then.

BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2020, 12:07. »
Same as you Beachlife, I flew out the 2nd November.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2020, 20:35. »
I think the requirements for negative COVID tests will be final nail in coffin for tourists industry and also a large part of Spanish economy. Not many will want hassle & cost of these tests which may not show as positive if you just caught virus or in the day after testing so not sure they will be much use anyway

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2020, 21:47. »
Agree with you Chris and Jackie can’t see many wanting to go through all those hoops . And like you say you could catch it the day after. I reckon this will kill many more bars and restaurants over the next 3 months
I wonder how many will try to avoid paying by ringing up claiming a loss or taste etc to get a free one instead of paying ,thus putting more stress on system

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 23:06. »
Hi Spurs.

The output from the NHS COVID test is a text to say if you are positive or negative (I have had to have two over the last 6 months). The Spanish (and Cypriot and a large number of other countries now) want a PCR test Certificate. A PDF on your phone will do or the actual document itself is needed, not a txt.

Priced up private near me in Coventry and Solihull and they are about £140. You can get cheaper self test ones £90 - £110 (which I think will be unreliable as the test is a bit brutal) -  but as you have to trust the postal service both ways you might be cutting it fine for getting a response back to take with you

Yep there wont be many on the planes touristically for some time
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2020, 00:26. »
Don’t think I’ll be bothering for a few months yet

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2020, 10:04. »
Yes , we had one about 6 weeks ago and they are not very nice, one up nose & another down back of throat. Both negative but don’t think I would pay £140 for voluntary test!!