Author Topic: This looks positive  (Read 978 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
This looks positive
« on: August 10, 2020, 14:18. »
Not sure how accurate but I am desperate to visit
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
This looks positive
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 14:49. »
Whilst this appears positive news it must be put into context, there can be up to a 10 week duration from catching the virus to sadly dying. So some of the 16 might have caught it back in late may at the time of total lockdown. The reduction in deaths is only as a result of the lockdown and other measures that we all try and adhere to. The virus hasnt reduced in its ability to kill or gone away, it simply requires a host to pass it along, the process of transmission is simple and basic. What stops the transmission is us, which for 3 months we have done, stop the measures and it restarts immediately and were back at the start in march. Sorry to be pessimistic but thats the way i see it.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
This looks positive
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 18:15. »
Personally I think it is cause for optimism as most of those catching virus now are younger people who have a very minimal chance of death.
Where Spain went badly wrong imho is that they allowed night clubs to open which has caused spikes , even Boris isn’t allowing these to open in UK!

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
This looks positive
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 19:06. »
Puddy woo where did this quote come from ?? I’m desperate as well. All booked for next week for 3 weeks stay ! Don’t fancy the 2 weeks quarantine after.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
This looks positive
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 21:51. »
Personally I think it is cause for optimism as most of those catching virus now are younger people who have a very minimal chance of death.
Where Spain went badly wrong imho is that they allowed night clubs to open which has caused spikes , even Boris isn’t allowing these to open in UK!
Your quite right it appears to be the 20 to 40 range that are catching and transmitting, whereas the over 40s are social distancing, wearing ppe, shielding, being extra vigilant in shops etc the list goes on. Stop doing these measures and within 14 days we are back to the beginning. I fear that society will split into 3 parts, the under 40s will resume life as normal, the over 40s will be cautious and take preventative measures to lead a near normal life, and lastly the vulnerable who will stay in shielding mode indefinitely.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
This looks positive
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 22:36. »
It is a repost from Facebook. If you follow the link it takes you to the official website of the Department of Health of the Spanish government, which can be changed into English.
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/home.htm

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
This looks positive
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 18:11. »
It's also been reported that Spain include in their new case figures anyone who tests positive for antibodies meaning they have had it in the past which seems bizarre.

It's like England including in their deaths figure anyone who has ever tested positive for Covid even if they die of cancer 6 months later but the Irish, welsh & scots don't so England figures always show higher.
You would think WHO would have set criteria for recording.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
This looks positive
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 17:23. »
Figures for Valencia region, very low compared to other regions and Alicante & Santa pola very low
https://m.facebook.com/DrivingSpain/photos/a.339498579570834/1514593355394678/?type=3&source=48