Author Topic: Monte y Mar Bajo Area  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Pewster

Monte y Mar Bajo Area
« on: June 15, 2020, 15:45. »
Obviously I’ve visited the square a couple of times and compared to many other areas of GA, it does appear to require a little more maintenance.

My question is more in regard to the private villas in the surrounding area. I’m thinking of moving to one for the additional grounds and space, and was just after feedback on the general quality of the builds around there and the overall maintenance of the surrounding areas in general. There does seem to be some notable differences on community fees between different properties, which seems odd if there is no community pool. Or do some have access to the pool by the square ? Also, do we know if those with underbuilds will have required permission ?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 18:39. by Pewster »

Offline Pewster

Monte y Mar Bajo Area
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 20:00. »
Oh,

And it goes without saying , if you are selling in that area, or know anyone who is, let me know , cheers

Offline Pewster

Monte y Mar Bajo Area
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 17:03. »
And another question if any of you are already fortunate enough to be in a villa.

Obviously with most urbanisations, you pretty much need permission to undertake anything either decorating or building wise.

What’s the situation with regards to the villas on monte y mar ?

I.e if I buy somewhere I wish to amend , or add a pool , or maybe a underbuild , how easy is it to get the relevant permission or is it easier to do these things with the villas in general ?

Offline David and Linda

Monte y Mar Bajo Area
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 19:26. »
We have been fortunate to own one of the villas in this area for 6 years and our experiences are as follows.
Pool was added by previous owner when house was built and a licence was obtained for this.
We added glass curtains, re Grota grained outside wall and re tiled the whole outside area, licences were obtained for this work by our builder.
We built a man cave in basement and added a toilet.  We upgraded 2 other bathrooms inside house and didn’t need licences for this work.
Basically our experience has been anything at all you do to the outside area of your house or anything visible you change to the outside you need licences and anything internally don’t.
We like this area we live in having lived up the hill prior to buying our villa when we first moved to GA and everything we need is within walking distance.  The only regret we have is being unable to visit due to this mad virus.  Good luck with your search.