Author Topic: What's it like in GA and area now?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
What's it like in GA and area now?
« on: June 09, 2020, 18:35. »
Now that Alicante area is in phase 2 and moving to 3 soon, what's it like there in bars , restaurants etc?
Are the beach bars setting up yet?

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 21:18. »
It’s very quiet
Was out Friday lunchtime in La Piedra with family and was only one other couple in
Santa Pola on Sunday La Barca restaurant was full but along the front was very quiet

Obviously the only people here are residents at the moment

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 19:31. »
Whilst there arent any non residents or holidaymakers in GA theyre is still a huge amount of residents, now more than ever instead of just enjoying living in the sun they need to support the local bars and restaurants and get theyre wallets out, because if you dont use it you will lose it.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 10:55. »
Residents here are supporting local businesses, as they do all winter when its pretty much just the residents anyway. We are trying to support all in our area a bit more than we would normally as most people are, and its good to see people getting about again. 
When we went to Santa Pola last Sunday, it was fairly quiet until about 2pm, then the restaurants that were open on the marina front were pretty full.  With borders opening more on 1 July, there will no doubt be an influx of holiday homeowners too, i hope they all take care with the their distancing and hygiene as the last thing we want is a resurgence of this awful virus to knock back the recovery and then there can be a getting back to normality for us all, whilst still taking care.
 I think its been handled very well out here and I read the other day in El Pais online, which is really good for keeping up with everything, that we in Spain, had only 48 new infections ( 45 of which were in Madriid, which sadly appears to remain the place where this had “mixed among the population the most)
Hopefully the UK will soon follow our low figures and be able to come back to Spain too.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 11:05. »
We move into "Phase 3" on Monday (15th) so there will be more freedom of movement etc. from next week. If you are interested in what that means to us in GA I have listed the details on one of my other websites. Go to:-

https://montemarbowls.com/?page_id=5469 

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 21:15. »
Beach bars along for the little church have started to be installed this morning

The ones at Santa Pola are already open