Author Topic: Flexi Cable  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Luton town

Flexi Cable
« on: March 30, 2020, 11:31. »
Hi everyone ..we have tried to phone Flexi cable several times about cancelling out internet package temporarily due to the situation there in Spain and Indeed the rest of the world...am I within my rights to cancel the direct debit ...or does anyone have the secret of getting through to them ?
Luton

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 12:33. »
Hi Ian

I would send them an email and yes most certainly cancel the direct debit ASAP.

Derek

Offline loser

Flexi Cable
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 12:58. »
Flexicable is now avatel. Check and see if phone / mail works better from their site https://www.avatel.es/en/

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 14:11. »
The other day I talked to the young lady that cleans for us once a week and assured her I'd carry on paying her while she can't come. I only mention this because - and I know flexicable might not have garnered the same loyalty - if we all cancel our payments to various suppliers, the fact is they might not be there on the other side. Of course this depends on many things, not least a person's financial situation, the amount of the bill, and the loyalty earned by the supplier, but if those three things are favourable it might be worth considering.

Offline loser

Flexi Cable
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 00:19. »
Couldn´t agree more with Gaveteran on this one.

But if you would like to cancel I had an interesting discussion with them a few months back. I wanted to start our internet, and when contacting them they told me that they don´t have the feature of pausing / starting anymore, but they had new offers that would match it. When I asked about the new offer, they told me I had to get in to the office for them to disclose it. Told them I didn´t fancy going to their office on my vacation, so I still don´t know what their new offer is .......

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 09:30. »
In my view a waste of money. I don't subscribe anymore but use my Huawwi smartphone as a hotspot and it works well. I get free calls on my mobile and enough data so why on earth do I need a 24 Euro a month service. A saving of 288 Euros a year which is much better in my pocket than theirs.

Television I have my own system that cost nothing using Freeview.

Cancelled my home insurance about 12 years ago which was costing me over 300 Euros a year. Which has saved me at least 3,600 Euros. The actual property is insured by the community anyway.

Derek

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 12:54. »
I also hotspot the tv from my phone for Netflix etc, other than that we have freesat. I do think that physical cable will no longer be needed. If you look at parts of Africa they have gone from 1920s telegraph to even the poorest having a smartphone missing out 90 years of technology.
I know that the community insurance costs a lot of money annually but despite several requests over the years have never got a clear picture how extensive the cover is for my property and am I in effect double insuring. Maybe it’s the best kept secret with some enjoying the included community which I pay for.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 14:01. »
Hi wilson, I dug into this a few years ago when I was on the management board of our local community.

The community insurance was there to ensure that if your property was badly damaged, lets say by a gas explosion, the insurance would pay for the rebuilding of your property with only the exterior being completed to an "as before standard", this was explained to me as being neccasary as you do not want to devalue other properties on the community due to the appearance of the effected property. The inside of the property is the responsibilty of the property owner, as would be any damage to the interior of other properties damaged, the insurers of other properties, if insured, would claim any repairs from the "seat of the problem".

The biggest claim on all insurances, by number, is leakage of water, is obviously not covered on the community insurance, well is wasnt on our communities.

I had a chat with Linda Rowland a few years about amending my insurance from Property and Contents just to contents....the difference in premium was negligable and not worth contemplating, Linda pointed out that just insuring contents would not cover me for water damage, she also pointed out that the biggest claims, in terms of size of claim, come from public liability.....lets say someone pokes their eye out by catching it on a branch from a plant sticking out of my garden hedge....that claim could be in the thousands of Euros, that would not be covered if I only took contents insurance.

Needles to say I continued with my insurance but looked at my excess and value of contents as a means of controlling my premium.

Stay safe

John
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 14:18. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 17:33. »
Hi John.

Never have been able to cancel my original home insurance with BBVA.

They demand.

# Cancellation in person (no phone call. emails letters)
# In writing signed by you
# letter handed into your branch wherever your home branch is/was - I fixed that this Christmas and moved from Torre to GA
# no less than three months in advance.

So - missed out AGAIN on this year with flight cancelled. But I am going to give them notice this summer (or when we are allowed back in) 9 months in advance - that will do them !

Bound to please "Mr Happy" in the BBVA  ;D

BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 18:40. »
That's why I'm with Linda Rowland.
One email Monte Cid insurance cancelled, one email GA insurance cancelled.
Insurance company still took the money out my BBVA account so just reclaimed it on line via BBVA and it was back in my account the next day.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 10:23. »
Over the years ive done business in several different countries and i have always concluded that Spain deliberately applies layers of bureaucracy, this was i think a legacy of other countries where you attended a council office to change something and went to window 1 where you were given a form, window 2 gave you a pen, window 3 a clipboard  and so on, it created jobs for everybody. I recall a Suma issue 10 years ago, it took a day in santa pola shuttling a piece of paper between the suma office the bank and every department at the  council office to complete a very simple task, i must  have seen 7 people overall. Whilst i am quick to  criticise the uk the same task would be a 5 minute phone call.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Flexi Cable
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 12:19. »
Don’t talk to me about the suma office 20 years ago when we moved in I went to register ,couldn’t be done apparently the flat did not exist . Went back many times over years waited in line for ages got to the desk told flat did not exist . Eventually got it all sorted nearly 4 years after moving in. But every cloud has a silver lining didn’t pay any taxes for 4 years although I did really try. No wonder Spain is always broke