Author Topic: How serious is this?  (Read 30494 times)

Offline Maricia

How serious is this?
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2020, 16:46. »
The picture John posted is of the IFEMA conference centre in Madrid set up as a hospital.
Reading the press in Spain it would appear that the number of deaths is due to limited life support equipment here in Spain which is a worry. I know the UK government has purchased the beds in private hospitals to support with demand but will that be enough?

BW

Maricia

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2020, 18:48. »
John

This situation has really showed the selfishness and I’m alright attitude of people
I must confess a couple of weeks ago I honestly believed that the situation would be resolved in a couple of weeks
We now have 800 people and nearly 400 people a day dying in Spain a day

The hospitals and staff must be at breaking point

Yet the attitude of both the U.K. Government and a proportion of the residents absolutely beggars belief

100s are still flocking to seaside towns as if nothing is going on

At what point is this going to sink in and people realise that this isn’t going away any time soon

Watching clips of the people still panic buying, certain shops hiking their prices on certain items will remain in people’s memories for a long time after this

Let’s hope they change before it is to late 🤬

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2020, 21:35. »
Spainish lockdown extended for two more weeks.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2020, 22:33. »
I’m also amazed at lack of people that don’t seem to be taking this whole situation seriously. I visualise a lot of trouble happening here if Boris brings in a more stricter lock down or even a curfew. I have already read reports of gangs trying to break into shops that have closed. The minds of some people never fail to astonish me. I’m sure we will be the worse behaved country on a total lock down, due to a small minority that think it won’t apply to them.

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2020, 13:07. »
As most of you probably know Spain is on lockdown and has been since the 15th of March
People are allowed to shop, goto work and walk there dog

This is in place for another 7 days and looks like being extended for a further 15 days

Nearly 2000 people have died here of Corona Virus related deaths

Emergency hospitals are being set up in conference centres to deal with the amount of people who have contracted it

My two neighbours who are both Intensive care doctors are working 24 hour shifts day after day, they both look absolutely shattered,the Spanish Health Service is buckling under the strain

And what do the people in Britain do, the sun comes out so 1000s decide to have a day out at the beach, park and other venues

At what point do some people decide to take this seriously

I will admit a couple of weeks ago I thought that it would be all over soon and wasn’t a big issue outside of China, well trust me my view has changed dramatically

The individuals who are not taking this seriously really need to wake up and realise this is a World problem and carrying on in their own selfish way is harming so many people

The pictures I have attached was taken this morning when I went shopping, this is how the Spanish are dealing with it, slightly different to the U.K. Shelves are full people shopping responsibly and individuals only going out when it is essential

Let’s hope the U.K. Government wakes up and mimics what other Countries around the world are doing, because unless they do it will never end

Stay safe everyone and think of others ❤️❤️

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2020, 19:26. »
As most of you probably know Spain is on lockdown and has been since the 15th of March
People are allowed to shop, goto work and walk there dog

This is in place for another 7 days and looks like being extended for a further 15 days

Nearly 2000 people have died here of Corona Virus related deaths

Emergency hospitals are being set up in conference centres to deal with the amount of people who have contracted it

My two neighbours who are both Intensive care doctors are working 24 hour shifts day after day, they both look absolutely shattered,the Spanish Health Service is buckling under the strain

And what do the people in Britain do, the sun comes out so 1000s decide to have a day out at the beach, park and other venues

At what point do some people decide to take this seriously

I will admit a couple of weeks ago I thought that it would be all over soon and wasn’t a big issue outside of China, well trust me my view has changed dramatically

The individuals who are not taking this seriously really need to wake up and realise this is a World problem and carrying on in their own selfish way is harming so many people

The pictures I have attached was taken this morning when I went shopping, this is how the Spanish are dealing with it, slightly different to the U.K. Shelves are full people shopping responsibly and individuals only going out when it is essential

Let’s hope the U.K. Government wakes up and mimics what other Countries around the world are doing, because unless they do it will never end

Stay safe everyone and think of others ❤️❤️

As of this evening 2207 deaths in Spain.....and the emergency 'hospital' next to Alicante General for an additional 400 beds started groundworks today, with a finish time of 15 days time. Please everyone in the UK - take this seriously - Ash is correct - this is deadly serious.
Stay safe

Offline Graham H

How serious is this?
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2020, 09:18. »
Stood down from work this morning as a mobile engineer in the North West/ Yorkshire. 3 weeks at least. Not the news we wanted but at least we get full pay. Hope people in the UK take the advice on board and we can get back to normality. Hope GA is safe. My go to place for switch off. See you soon.

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2020, 12:19. »
So the U.K.  Government has declared that only essential workers are to travel to,work

Well that clearly didn’t work

Public Transport absolutely packed, roads still jammed

On one video a vital NHS member of staff jammed on a packed tube with 100s of people

Surely the Government will ensure that only Key workers will be allowed to travel

It really isn’t rocket science

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2020, 12:54. »
The problem is that the trains & buses have been reduced so those that do need to travel are forced onto fewer trains etc, same has happened in Madrid etc.

There are a number of essential workers, NHS workers, supermarket staff, some teachers, power, pharmacy,communications staff etc . Plus construction workers are still working as normal as permitted .

Therefore a lot of people trying to get on reduced trains & buses.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2020, 17:36. »
If they hadn’t reduced trains and buses the they would be empty, they are still paying the drivers so why not keep the running the same for as long as they can. It don’t make sense

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2020, 07:56. »
I do get the feeling that decisions are coloured by economics instead of focussing purely on health considerations.

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2020, 15:39. »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52036836

For every idiot who has ignored the Government advice and thinks that remaining indoors doesn’t apply to them, this makes sobering reading.

At what point are some people going to take this seriously

If today isn’t the day to realise that 1000s are dying including Doctors and Nurses who are on the front line then I don’t know when is 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Stay Safe

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2020, 20:59. »
Mother in law was taken into hospital a week ago,non virus , she passed through the A&E waiting room during the morning and there were only five people waiting, unheard of.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2020, 21:23. »
I wonder if this "Health Professional"  still holds the same view now Kevin and whether those in that pub now regret not taking the advice that was being given!

The health professional was saying that there seems to be a huge over reaction, yes older people are vulnerable and should self isolate but for the rest of us, carry on. I must say our local was packed to the rafters yesterday.

I thought at the time what a stupid comment from this "Health Professional" as obviously younger people can pass it on and kill other more elderly but then that must be alright and a small sacrifice for a good night out.

Having said that in the UK we have lost an 18, 21 and 30 year old.  It requires everyone to self isolate young old and those in between and by slowing the spread down it will give the health services a better chance of saving life,
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 21:34. by Derek »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How serious is this?
« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2020, 21:48. »
Well as always you are the expert Derek.