Author Topic: Motor Homes  (Read 1184 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Motor Homes
« on: January 12, 2020, 12:10. »
Drove the sea road from GA to Santa Pola this morning , counted seventy nine motor homes ,most I've ever seen.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Motor Homes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 07:14. »
Not me, guv. I'm still in blighty at the moment and my motorhome is stranded with an airbag warning light fault.  79 is quite a lot though. Are they all parked up in the Carabassi car park or are some along by the chapel?

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Motor Homes
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 09:44. »
Spread out everywhere, alongside the chapel and right up to where you turn right into Santa Pola

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Motor Homes
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 23:14. »
Obvious question with (hopefully) not a obvious answer.

What are they doing with all their waste from the toilets and "grey" water from showers and washing ?
BeachLife

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Motor Homes
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 08:21. »
Occam's razor my friend. More to the point is what are you doing with if you are in the sea of Carabassi beach where the tide goes.  ???

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Motor Homes
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 08:26. »
Most European motorhomes have tanks that are good for 3-4 days before they need emptying. Motorhome aires have facilities to empty and refill with water for a nominal fee, usual a couple of Euros. There is one in Santa Pola, two each in La Marina and San Fulgencio and also, heading northwards, aires at Alicante and Campello.

Hopefully they are responsible and not dumping where they are although motorhomers are a nomadic bunch and seldom stop at any one place for more than a few days before moving to a new location. Generally, if you choose to stay in one place for any length of time, you would have a caravan.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Motor Homes
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 23:20. »
Yes, I am confident that every three or four days, they leave the spot they are parked in, hoping it's there when they return, to drive away from the open sea right at their "door/tiolet" step to responsibly dispose of their waste. I am now completely relaxed to swim downstream :)