Author Topic: Alicante  (Read 2186 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« on: November 01, 2019, 20:36. »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7634359/Krakow-rated-best-European-city-holiday-survey-Alicante-voted-worst.html

Alicante voted worst city to visit for a break. Bit of a shame, not that bad, interesting at night when lit up.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 21:00. »
Great news.  Love Alicante.  Let's keep it to ourselves.  Now all we need is to get Carabasi voted as the worst beach on the Costas.

Bert

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Alicante
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 00:25. »
Dont get that at all???  Love Alicante.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 11:21. »
Whilst I love Alicante city I can also see why it comes way down the list. We’ve been twice this week with the kids for the day. Parking was an issue both days as so busy, cost just under 10 euros to park. Toilets are rarer than hens teeth, beach was untidy lacking some tlc and bar prices a bit steep. Having been to many of the top 10 cities it’s easy to see why Alc is so far down in comparison.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 14:43. »
I was surprised at the report, have been to much less interesting places in Spain. Our Carabassi beach must be one of the best in Spain.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 16:44. »
Its a slightly oddly scored league table - with nothing being presented for Accommodation, Shopping or getting around.  Which if scored correctly would certainly have pulled the scores up.

There are some great hotels in the city itself which are really good value (we have placed many family members in the Melia who were delighted) You can get to just about every branded shop in Spain in the city centre and its pretty easy to get around. Admitted the car parks can be a bit expensive for a whole day - I enjoy the city much more than my time dodging the pickpockets on the ramblas in Barcelona
BeachLife

Offline Chris C

Alicante
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 21:58. »
That review is a load of rubbish, from gutter press - The Daily ‘Heil’
Krakow was awful when I went, lousy beer, food and weather. Alicante is a fantastic city

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Alicante
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 22:54. »
Love Alicante. It has everything, a nice beach a nice port and a lovely old town and castle

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 23:07. »
Krakow was awful when I went, lousy beer, food and weather. Alicante is a fantastic city
Instead of ranting please be factually correct. It was actually a Which survey by nearly 5000 members who rated these cities based on various factors.

Offline Chris C

Alicante
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 00:41. »
Instead of ranting please be factually correct. It was actually a Which survey by nearly 5000 members who rated these cities based on various factors.

Factual about Krakow or Daily Fail?

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 08:52. »
Having been to Krakow I can see why it was voted so highly. But you are comparing apples and pears with the only commonality being cities. That’s the thing with surveys sometimes you might not like the outcome. The mail is also one of the top selling papers in the uk, not my particular read but that’s the way it goes.

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Alicante
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 16:45. »
Haven't been to Krakow yet.....but love Alicante.
Very strange results