Author Topic: Care scam  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Rosie123

Care scam
« on: September 25, 2019, 16:38. »
Does anyone know how the care home scam in santa pola back in 2016? Or any links to updated news about it?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Care scam
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 18:53. »
From my understanding, although I no longer pay a close interest, the owners are trying to have the site reclassified as a hotel, Santara Resort......that has upset a lot of people as apparantly Santa Pola Council sold the original promoters the land at a discounted rate for the specific use of housing and providing services for the elderly.
The original purchasers are also non too happy!!
I believe the arguments are being pursued in the courts, in which case we'll know the outcome in several years and after massive payments to firms of lawyers who will be the only people profiting out of this.

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 19:01. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Care scam
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 18:57. »
John
This is nothing to do with the Life Resort
I think the Care Home Rosie is talking about is this

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2016/06/09/british-family-arrested-in-spain-over-care-home-scam-that-swindled-pensioners/

I think she still works in the Pharmacy in Gran Alacant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 19:00. by Ash »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Care scam
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 19:04. »
I forgot about that one Ash.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Bunny

Care scam
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 19:42. »
John
This is nothing to do with the Life Resort
I think the Care Home Rosie is talking about is this

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2016/06/09/british-family-arrested-in-spain-over-care-home-scam-that-swindled-pensioners/

I think she still works in the Pharmacy in Gran Alacant

The person you are referring to who works in the Farmacia had absolutely NOTHING to do with the care home mentioned. I think it is most unkind to mention someone in this manner.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 19:46. by Bunny »

Offline Rosie123

Care scam
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 20:38. »
Thanks for replies, I have been told since writing this, it wasn't even true and it is a nursing home, not sure what happened maybe papers got it wrong that 3 people were charged with fraud and being members of a underground organisation, and putting deeds of others to their own name, but thats the papers for you( thanks for that John but was talking about the one with a couple and their daughter, much appreciated

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Care scam
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 20:44. »
Bunny

You basically copied what I had already wrote for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk