Author Topic: Severe Weather Warning  (Read 1794 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 18:22. »
Looks very bad tomorrow and Friday, with severe weather warnings and floods likely with strong winds across all Murcia region. A local Spanish tradesmen who was here today has said they are closing schools tomorrow and probably Friday due to weather warnings

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 19:04. »
Yes sounds bad, going to batten down the hatches and tie my self to the bannisters to stop myself being swept away.

Offline masmu

Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 21:10. »
My Spanish friend has told me that the school here, and those in Elche and Alicante areas are all closed tomorrow.  They have removed or secured everything on their terrace - so we have done the same.  They are calling it the Perfect Storm!
Let's hope it's not as bad as expected.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 16:22. »
Certainly is rough .... down in La Zenia this morning. Car storage compound - heavy flooding and hundreds (literally) of scrapped brand new cars
BeachLife

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 18:10. »
Pretty rough here in GA as well, clot is flooded and roads bad. Been stuck looking out windows waiting for a break in weather to get out for some fresh air and maybe a beer!!

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 20:48. »
I (apparently) have a drip coming in through the bathroom ceiling and a bit blowing in through the bottom of the balcony door.

I knew I should have re- done the grouting on my solarium (Alba) roof this year. Its nearly 14 years old and I have never touched it. Mind you from what I have seen on a few other posts on facebook etc its pretty biblical out there at the moment - there is a Niagra like set of falls coming over the cliffs by the lighthouse and onto the road
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 22:24. »
Just seen a couple of videos showing cars being washed down the streets in Santa Pola, and an amazing video showing the strength of the wind blowing the water back up the cliffs near the lighthouse.
A couple of friends whose houses have been as dry as a bone for 16 years are saying that they have water coming through their ceilings.

Stay safe everyone

John

The airports closed
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 22:35. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 08:01. »
We always used to come down to GA early/mid September when we had our place so we would have copped all this lot. So much for the rain in Spain falling mainly on the plain.

With the change in climate, I fear we are going to see ever more frequent extreme weather events in diverse places. That is going to crank up insurance premiums as well.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Severe Weather Warning
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 09:33. »
Down in Santa Pola yesterday pm.

BeachLife