Author Topic: Avoid  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Avoid
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 14:28. »
https://amp.ondacero.es/emisoras/comunidad-valenciana/elche/audios-podcast/noticias/santa-pola-cierra-temporalmente-bano-playa-lisa-detectarse-altos-niveles-bacterias-fecales-arrastradas-lluvias_201908285d66b0a10cf213a78c597bb6.html?__twitter_impression=true

See this on Twitter seems Santa Pola has the same issue. Translation below thanks to google translate.

THE BEACH HAS BEEN OPENED TO THE BATHROOM
 Santa Pola temporarily closes at the Playa Lisa bath after detecting high levels of fecal bacteria washed away by the rains

The red flag flies in that part of the Santapolero coast and the local Police of the town has cordoned off the shore of the beach to prevent access to bathers.  Santa Pola has reopened the Playa Lisa bath after disappearing the concentrations of fecal bacteria that caused its closure.

Seal of the Local Police of Santa Pola to close to the Playa Lisa bathroom.
 Seal of the Local Police of Santa Pola to close to the Playa Lisa bathroom.  |  Elche Zero Wave
 Elche Zero Wave

Elche |  08/29/2019

Advertising

Santa Pola City Council has closed the bathroom on Wednesday afternoon Playa Lisa after detecting high levels of E.coli and Enterococos bacteria in its waters, as confirmed by Jorge Díez, councilor responsible for the municipal area of ​​Playas.

The Local Police of the fishing village has proceeded to install a tape and fenced off the shore to prevent access to the water of any person and at the same time the red flag has been raised that warns that bathing in that beach is prohibited.

Jorge Díez explained that samples of the water in Playa Lisa have been collected and sent to a laboratory for analysis.  He added that once the results are available and when the disappearance of the levels of both bacteria that are not recommended in the bathroom is constant, the beach will be reopened to the bathroom.

Everything indicates that the presence of these bacteria has been consequences of the rains that have fallen in recent days, which have dragged them to that part of the Santapolero coast.

In addition, the City of Santa Pola has decided for safety to disable the lavapiés of the adjoining beaches (Gran Playa and Tamarit) until the reduction of the levels of these bacteria is found.

The closing to the bath of Playa Lisa has occurred whenever the presence of 600 units per milliliter of E.coli has been detected, when the recommended rates are set at 500 units per milliliter.

Enterococcus rates were much higher, doubling the recommended rates so, according to current protocols, they force the closure of the beach.  In this sense, the analysis has offered a result of 400 units per milliliter of Enterococci when the recommended index is 200 units per milliliter of that bacterium.

The City Council of the seaside town has commissioned a counter-analysis and will not reopen the beach to the bathroom or re-activate the lavapies of the three beaches until the results are available, which will be at most two days, and the foreseeable reduction of  the indices of E.coli and Enterococcus bacteria.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Avoid
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 15:20. »
Thanks for info. Will stick to Los Arenales for the next few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Avoid
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 07:01. »
To think that when I had my place, I used to come down in September! Given the proliferation of extreme weather events, I fear that these sort of issues may become far more commonplace as water treatment infrastructure becomes overwhelmed. Will dysentry and typhoid return to victorian levels?