Author Topic: Tabarca to Santa Pola Swim  (Read 643 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Tabarca to Santa Pola Swim
« on: July 07, 2019, 08:47. »
Morning.  Just found out this is today.  Started at 7.30 and takes around 3 hours for all to complete.  We are just finishing our coffee and heading off to catch the last of them. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline masmu

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 21:37. »
Did you get to see any of the race puddy-woo?

A friend of ours was in the swim/race and said it was very hard this year.  Lots of wind and the swimmers were fighting against it all the time.  Rather him than me!  That island looks a long long way away doesn't it?

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 21:51. »
Yes saw quite a bit. Was lovely actually, seeing all the proud kids and families cheering on the swimmers. They all got towels tshirts and swim hats as souvenirs. Music blasting. Like a party at 9.30 in the morning. Was very busy so we walked down to SP Este to one of those awful wooden chiringuitas. Sat at a table for 40 minutes having a drink and when we went to order food was told our table was reserved. No reserved sign!! ?? Bring back El Ancla. I miss the old beach bars

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline masmu

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 16:14. »
Sounds like a great atmosphere after the swim/race.  The Spanish certainly do these things well.

Totally agree about the old beach bars.  Are these new ones all owned by the council?  I haven't had the inclination to try one of them but have heard poor reviews of the one on the old Pena Grande site - service and quality.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 17:14. »
I did recognise the lady in the one at santa pola este by the Carlotti but didnt use it as it was packed.  I’m not sure about the rest.  On the beach looks about the best bet as they have tables going out onto the beach as well. We’ll give it a go and report back.  Be glad when this weather improves. My hubby has taken it upon himself to paint - everything!!!!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline masmu

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 18:41. »
Good opportunity for him to get it done eh?

My granddaughter and her boyfriend just flew home this morning after a week at our casa and they said the last couple of days were very iffy weather wise.  I got a call asking where we kept the umbrellas!  Hope it improves soon