Author Topic: Medication  (Read 1560 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Medication
« on: April 25, 2019, 09:18. »
Forgot to pack my Statins when we came out to GA so went to chemists up the hill yesterday, expensive mistake, €36 for 28 tablets.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Medication
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 12:53. »
Bloody hell Kevin, was the member of staff who served you wearing a mask!!
That’s a crazy price for what is a very cheap medication.
Similarly I once forgot one of my heart medications, the charge was in the order of €6 for 30 tablets.
Have a great break.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Medication
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 15:54. »
 Must have seen me coming John, I've got an innocent face. Have heard a months Statin treatment costs the NHS about £2 a patient so someone is raking it in.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Medication
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 17:33. »
Hi Kevin, before I came off the statins about three years ago I ran out over here - it cost me €8 for 28 tablets of 5mg simvastatin.

I would have chanced going without at that price.

Dave

Offline Bunny

Medication
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 19:54. »
There are various types if statins I believe, I take Atorvastatin which us far more than the Simvastatin my husband takes, his is a couple of euros. My daughter is on another kind of statin which costs 54 euros!!!!

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Medication
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 23:16. »
Recently bought some non branded Ibuprofen gel from farmacia in Santa pola cost 8 euros probably double uk cost also bought recently some non brand children's calpol type medication again around 7 euro double uk price, neither item are subsidised in the uk so can only conclude that lack of competition in spain allows the farmacias to charge what they like, i suppose they need to pay for there swish shops.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Medication
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 07:36. »
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm wondering if mine are expensive as they are high dose 80mg apparently that's what you get after a heart attack, I'm tolerant of them now, when I first took them they blew my my stomach up fifteen minutes after taking them, they are made of fungus I hear.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Medication
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 09:14. »
If you had brought your ehic card with you, you could have gone to the local doctor, which is behind the carpark opposite the bbva and told him or her that you forgot the statins and simply asked for a prescription. My friend did this and there was no problem.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Medication
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 14:15. »
Didn't know that Sunseekers, thanks for the heads up.