Author Topic: It took bang on 9 months....  (Read 1529 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
It took bang on 9 months....
« on: March 28, 2019, 12:33. »
.....to get our 3% retention back from the A.E.A.T..

I’ve just noticed it was paid into our UK bank yesterday by the Agencia Tributaria, our solicitor told us it could take up to two years.

It put a smile on my face!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:27. »
Mine was even quicker. 7.5 months. I was rather surprised.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 08:58. »
Good morning Tony, I have heard stories of people waiting anything up to five years to get it back....and some waiting that long they have just forgotten about it.
On saying that I wish I’d been stung with a large bill for CGT, that would have made me even happier!!
Our respective advisors were obviously on the ball.
We used Lex Union for the purchase, 14 years of tax returns and for the sale, I have to say they were very very efficient and even though we only paid an annual fee for handling our taxation they never charged me a cent for any other guidance and advice I asked them for over the years.....and I don’t think I ever waited longer than 30 minutes to have an email replied to.
I wish they had a branch on The Costa del Yorkshire

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 07:22. »
Me too. Good, if a little pricey. What miffed me was the slice that Santa Pola council took on an "assumed added value". Recovery would have taken a court action and probably cost more than I got back so I reluctantly sucked it up.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 08:53. »
Plus Valia, I considered taking legal action in light of the court rulings on it Tony.
Lex Union advised us against it, the lady who looked after us said divide it by 14, add it to your other council bills and it’ll still be cheaper than your annual rates in the UK!!
She was right.
She did say that it probably accounted for 40% of Santa Polas income, hence the fact that councils were ignoring the jurisdiction.
I could apparently appeal to Santa Pola council, but they under Spanish Law have no legal right to review my appeal, they can just file it in the bin.
Interestingly I was speaking to some friends in GA last week who had been chatting to an estate agent about selling costs.....guess what the agent said?
At their selling price compared to their buying price they wouldn’t have to pay Plus Valia....now there’s an estate agent you can trust!!

Regards all

John

Offline bobw1956

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 15:17. »
Great news John ,hope mine comes back as soon .

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 09:01. »
Cheers Bob, hope all goes well with your sale.
Fingers crossed the exchange rate stays on your side

Regards all

John