Author Topic: A place in the sun  (Read 7683 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
A place in the sun
« on: March 14, 2019, 21:33. »
Looks like we back on TV soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 00:08. »
Emailed my mate about a job and he emailed back to say, I'm currently in your favourite place....filming with 'a place in the sun'.
I can't wait to see him next week to see how it went. I said, we'd probably have been there too but we're gonna become grandparents in a couple of weeks and the wife has put a block on buying in Spain for a few years.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 07:25. »
It would be interesting to know when this is going to be broadcast.

Offline masmu

A place in the sun
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 10:48. »
Grandparents???  wow Dave - many many congratulations to you both.  Sending you a message as well. x

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 11:09. »
I took a look at a few Gran Alacant estate agents websites this week, I was gobsmacked to see how many properties are up for still up for sale that were on the market when we listed ours in January 2017.
Makes you realise why you often see them making such low offers on this programme, also makes you think that there are lot of unrealistically priced properties for sale in GA

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:18. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 13:38. »
Cheers Maureen,
Excited much 😀 x

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 13:59. »
Personally i got fed up with this programme several years ago as many of the couples clearly had no intention of ever buying a property and the few that did wanted a quarter million house for 50 grand. There was a minority who seemed genuine buyers who wanted there place in the sun. I think the issue of values in GA will go on for many years to come, there is a constant over supply for sale but still great demand. The issue is the owners who for many reasons get desperate to sell and thus reduce price and take low offers, the owners who just want to upsell or move location are competing against the desperados.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 14:19. »
The biggest desperados being the banks.
We got €165,000 for our two bed duplex on Novamar 5 last year.
Next door, end of block, three bed duplex was sold at the back end of last year for €135,000 by the bank who stood the mortgage.
Another bank have also just sold a south facing three bed duplex overlooking the pool for €125,000 on Novamar 5.
If you know where to look the bargains are there

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 18:43. »
Hi this will be good for the area, does anyone know which areas / property’s they looked at ???
Will it. E shown this year. .

Steve

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 06:30. »
Two years ago, I sold mine after almost three years o the market for less than I paid for it. It was only the exchange rate shift that enabled me to get my money back. I was on Novamar 3 and was miles away from the sort of prices that John is quoting, although mine was a smaller property.

Offline denandrose

A place in the sun
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 11:39. »
In our case the property market is on the up. Thanks to Victoria Inmobilaria we sold our Altomar II apartment in 4 weeks. We had 4 viewings, 2 of whom wanted to buy our place at the full asking price , and no we didn't give it away.
The viewers were Dutch, English and Norwegian.
Yes there are similar properties to ours that have been for sale for a year or more, and our price was higher, but we have had a lot of refurbishment.
People aren't necessarily looking for cheap deals.

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 08:58. »
The show is on in 3 months.
I won’t spoil the ending. 😀

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 10:12. »
The show is on in 3 months.
I won’t spoil the ending. 😀

Ooh let me have a guess, the british couple are retiring early and looking for a spanish property, they know nothing about the area but think its wonderful. They are selling there 2 bed terrace in suburbia with no drive or garden and want a 4 bed detached villa on a large plot with sea views and a pool (must have a pool) with a budget of £3.60. They see properties over budget, pick faults with mosf of them, then return to the uk to consider there options but promising to return later in the year.

Offline Up the iron

A place in the sun
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 17:12. »
Wilson, I've already seen that episode but it was £4.20

Offline Peter D

A place in the sun
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2019, 18:22. »
Brilliant !