Author Topic: The Sunset has gone  (Read 1325 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
The Sunset has gone
« on: March 09, 2019, 18:58. »
Just arrived back in GA to find the Sunset Bar (the first bar on the Carabassi in 2002) has changed hands and is now the Heaven Star. A Tex-Mex restaurant with a very extensive menu.
We were served by a very amenable young lady but were soon driven away by the loud music from a large speaker on the outside terrace competing with intermittent music from two kiddies 1 euro rides.

Dave

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
The Sunset has gone
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 23:17. »
Sounds delightful! I can't get enough of ground beef slops. Mexico, poor Mexico, the worst internationally represented cuisine ever?

Offline JB

The Sunset has gone
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 14:25. »
personally for me thats a shame... i used to prefer going to Carabassi for drinks but in recent years it is less and less appealing as the numbers "bar" are lost to restaurants or other businesses

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
The Sunset has gone
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 15:40. »
I do think its a bit ridiculous as there is a mexican about 4 doors along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
The Sunset has gone
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 18:14. »
We called back again on Sunday as the music was much more muted and tried a few small snacks off the starter menu that were really quite nice - basic but nicely done.

They are advertised as a Tex Mex but that's not really apparent from the menu which if anything has an Indian slant. Something for everyone I suppose.

It was very busy in comparison to it's neighbours through the afternoon and one lady staff member was visiting every table regularly to ask if everything was OK so mentioned the music the previous visit.

Some minor renovations going on today and a fresh paint job around the outside of the perimeter wall. Looks good.

Dave