Author Topic: French ATC at it once again  (Read 899 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
French ATC at it once again
« on: May 20, 2018, 18:02. »
Just had an email from Ryanair, flight cancelled due to French atc.. can’t get out to spain now until a week later. Every year these guys seem to do this..

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 18:22. »
Hi Sookie, can I ask when you are scheduled to fly?
We are due to fly out to Alicante tomorrow tea time with Ryanair, as yet I’ve heard nothing, fingers crossed

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline masmu

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 21:40. »
According to the easyJet website

National French Strike 22 May
18/05/2018
We have been advised of a National Strike in France starting on the evening of Monday 21st May, through to the morning of Wednesday 23rd May 2018. Like all airlines, our flights to and from French airports, as well as those flying in French airspace, could be affected. 

We expect that there will be delays and cancellations due to the industrial action, therefore we advise all customers to check the status of their flight on our flight tracker either on our mobile app or website: www.easyjet.com/en/flight-tracker

Please also be aware that public transport services will be affected by the strike. We recommend all customers allow plenty of extra time to get to the airport and consider alternative transport options where possible.

Although this situation is outside of our control we would like to apologise to any affected passengers for the inconvenience caused.

What happens if my flight is cancelled?

We will contact affected customers directly via Email and SMS using the details provided at the time of booking and check in.

For cancelled flights only, we advise customers not to travel to the airport but to transfer their flights free of charge or take a refund by logging onto Manage Bookings on easyJet.com or using our Flight Tracker: easyjet.com/XXXX(yourflightnumber).

If an overnight accommodation is required, affected passengers can book this on the day their flight was due to depart through our Flight Tracker page easyjet.com/XXXX (flight number).

Hope this helps
Cheers

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 00:09. »
Checked Ryanair’s website, our flight tomorrow is ok but the same flight on Tuesday is cancelled
John’s a happy boy

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:52. »
Sorry John for late reply, our flight was Tuesday evening. Good job we are out until July.