Author Topic: Dunbars  (Read 2290 times)

Offline MICKKAT

Dunbars
« on: March 12, 2015, 19:48. »
I have heard that Dunbars is opening 1 April.  Is this true or a cruel April fools joke?

Offline Lesue

Dunbars
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 20:24. »

Offline MICKKAT

Dunbars
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 21:07. »
Thank you for that must have missed the thread. It is owned by Billy Dunbar and his wife plus the land at the side.  First in when GA first got going.  I remember his wife could not settle here and spent more and more time back in the UK.  I believe they run a pub in the UK.  I would be very surprised if they were opening up again as they have been trying to sell it for years.

Offline Up the iron

Dunbars
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 08:24. »
Saw Billy in Brico last week buying a can of WD-40.

Offline denandrose

Dunbars
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 08:35. »
We spoke to Billy and Amanda last night and yes they are opening again soon.

Offline MICKKAT

Dunbars
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 10:19. »
That's great news then.

Offline Joan Simpson

Dunbars
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 17:18. »
The only good thing about Dunbars re-opening in my personal opinion is that the property will at last be cared for again. We visited this establishment with our twin grandchildren who were in a pram. As everybody is aware at any bar in Spain, children are welcome and enjoyed. Dunbars being British run had the same ethos as a bar in England; children were not welcome without having a full meal. It was overpriced, lacked atmosphere and the staff were condescending. This was early on in our ownership of our property and have since discovered that Gran Alacant and the surrounding area has much more to offer in terms of service etc. It humours me to think how shortsighted the owner was when his captive audience were the owners of property on altomar 1&2 however the attitude with those people wasn't a good one. They will have to really up their game, we have become a pickier bunch!! I will not be visiting!

Offline MICKKAT

Dunbars
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 14:54. »
Good honest post.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Dunbars
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 20:16. »
Absolute bargain!😊

Last time I saw it advertised it was 1.25 million. (actually, on the second website, it still is!)

So, the plan appears to be to reopen the restaurant/bar and hopefully it might sell better if it is an up and running going concern. Fair enough, maybe it will work for them.

Michael.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 20:38. by Aficionado »
Mike and Jane Hopper