Author Topic: Pena Grande - Santa Pola  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« on: April 30, 2018, 20:13. »
This lovely place, popular with many people closed today after 30 years.......... to give more 'pavement space'  :o :o

if it is not going to be knocked down until after the summer then why not let it keep going until then?  :'( :'( :'(

http://www.diarioinformacion.com/baix-vinalopo/2018/04/18/pena-grande-dice-adios-pesar/2010337.html

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 20:24. »
I’ve been reading about this for a few months, I can’t believe that it’s finally happened, I can’t recall seeing one comment supporting the councils decision
It’ll be putting quite a few folk out of work and upsetting lots of customers
Great decision making, not

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 22:50. »
What a shame. We love it there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 09:45. »
I am amazed:

You couldn't make it up - I no Spain "basher" (obviousy) - but they must be off their heads. Spain is country with poor employment stats and relies on tourism. A terrible idea.

And why close it (but not do the demolition) through the summer - completely bonkers !

BeachLife

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 12:46. »
Was a great place to sit and watch the world go by.

I’m sure our council here in Somerset are on par with the one in Santa Pola. They just completely blow your mind away.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 21:15. »
Weve been regulars at Pena for well over 15 years, in all council led decisions there is usually a little scheme, my guess is the new marina bars have put pressure on the council. Pena was a commercial goldmine so shut it down then people have to go elsewhere. Hardly a week goes by with a news article of the latest councillor with his nose in the trough, its a way of life in spain.
They dont like it up em !

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Pena Grande
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 20:23. »
Walked past  Pena Grande cafe on Santa Pola seafront today and its shut with Local Police tape around its perimeter. Any ideas what's happened to it ?

Offline Potter14

Pena Grande
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 20:45. »
I was told Council have shut it down after 27years of trading, so there must be a good reason after all it is Santa Pola Council.

Offline Peter D

Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 16:34. »
The best time for us at Pene Grande was out of season ,sitting down looking out over the sea with coffee and a massive brandy,bliss.

Offline Jocla

Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 15:15. »
Looks like the guys from Peña Grande have taken over the recently closed cafe in Glorieta square.  I didn't ask but the staff were all wearing Peña Grande t shirts.  It was going like a fair!

The awnings and furniture have been removed from the original Peña grande structure so it looks a bit tidier.  It is still taped off so not sure if something else is still to happen with that site.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Pena Grande - Santa Pola
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 18:43. »
Just visited Pena Grande new business in the castle square. Very nicely presented same team working. Very busy doing a roaring trade well pleased for them.
They dont like it up em !