Author Topic: sierra mar square debacle  (Read 6711 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
sierra mar square debacle
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 19:47. »
Just read it John it’s amazing I suspect the admin will ask for an extra community payment to cover the costs of the debacle. Hope they don’t ask the bars for extra.
Wouldn’t want to be them at AGM

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 20:55. »
Yes, if I lived on there I’d be asking questions re the thought processes and procedures followed, a costly fiasco, was Jeremy Beadle involved

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 20:56. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 17:32. »
"It’s not music so much but the noise people make when leaving the places in the wee small hours that they object to but for me it’s easy don’t buy near a commercial unit whether it’s open or not at the time you move in at some point it may well open"

Hi Spurs, I don't object to the bars per se in fact the proximity is very convenient, also any noise people make when leaving is obviously out of the landlords control and is something you have to accept.

What I do object to is an establishment playing music they are not licenced to play, at hours when their licence says they should be shut, and at high volume with all the doors and windows open (as it saves money on aircon). Then to be told I shouldn't have bought a house near a commercial unit. Perhaps the argument should be that the landlord shouldn't have opened a bar in a residential area without checking the conditions of the licence. People close by have young children and also have to get up for work.

BTW I was having Sunday lunch last week at the Belfry and had to suffer the "singer" opposite at the Pub. I'll never go there again either even though the food was quite good.

Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 18:24. »
I suspect the issue will go on for ages yet it’s already about 14 years old but I have to say I don’t think the music in the square is excessive there are no live bands in there etc also from what I heard the police were happy with all the bars licenses

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 16:28. »
One thing that has changed since the meeting ..... the gate locks !

The loccks have been replaced on all gates except the capark side gate opposite Sueno Azul. The locks are pretty top end and I imagine a copy will be expensive - not the sort of design that the shoe-mender has down at the GA centre

BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 17:14. »
Will a cordless grinder remove it ?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 17:49. »
Probably but you would have about 8 gates to get around and its hard to do one handed while you fighting off the Guardia Civil !
BeachLife

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 11:24. »
any update please on sierra mar square. The only gate that needs putting out off action is the middle gate on old market road which is used by 70% of customers.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 11:42. »
Square is as normal but all gates are locked with security keys except main entrance

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 19:29. »
Maybe its some of the customers that need locking up not the gates.
They dont like it up em !

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 12:17. »
maybe some of the customers would like to enjoy a meal rather than having to walk 200 metres to the azul entrance !
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 19:44. »
Don’t get it corporal jones if it’s not for you don’t go simple don’t make out you superior to those who go it’s all about choices I quite like it in there if I didn’t I wouldn’t go doesn’t make me any better or worse than you just different

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 08:22. »
Don’t get it corporal jones if it’s not for you don’t go simple don’t make out you superior to those who go it’s all about choices I quite like it in there if I didn’t I wouldn’t go doesn’t make me any better or worse than you just different
I can assure you it has nothing to do with being superior blah blah, i frequent Paletta,Patagonia  and Dick Turpins always when in GA. My issue is the riff raff and feral children who turn a nice drink and meal out with friends  into a circus of unruly behaviour. It is all about choices the sad thing is the riff raff are now at the Shirley Bassey, Masa Square, GA centre and Sierra Mar leaving decent folk looking for elsewhere to enjoy.
They dont like it up em !

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 11:53. »
Interestingly there was a locksmith AND the Guardia Civil in attendance this week changing all the locks again for some reason. They do like a good drama these Guardia types
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 12:02. »
Interesting having read all about the issues in the local mags and listened to people I suspect the community must now have serious regrets and maybe even fear for their existence. If I was in charge of one of those bars I would be going after them for years of back rent they charged for tables etc that would bankrupt them