Author Topic: Security System  (Read 3400 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Security System
« on: April 11, 2018, 10:29. »
I have fitted a "Blink" Security camera system at home which I was really impressed with.

So much so - I bought another two cameras and a Synch module - and took them over to GA.

Works a absolute treat - and (more importantly for me) I can keep an eye on the weather from my roof.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blink-Home-Security-Smartphone-Everything/dp/B075RHX3WP/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1523434986&sr=1-5&keywords=blink+xt

Picture quality is very good and easy to install (no power or hard wiring needed) - has infra red, motion detection and can me used simply as a webcam if you want to check out your Casa !
BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:41. »
Pardon my ignorance but does this mean you have to have permanent wifi in Gran Alacant if you want to monitor your house when you're not there?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 12:56. »
Yes - I dont power my house down when i leave so the synch device is accessing my Router in the lounge
BeachLife

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:29. »
Many thanks for that. One is on its way to me now.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 20:20. »
Many thanks for that. One is on its way to me now.
Great let me know if you have any snags  or if I can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 23:23. by BeachLife »
BeachLife

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 22:11. »
Many thanks. Flying out tomorrow so fingers crossed it will soon be up and running.

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Security System
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 11:53. »
Excellent ,thanks for the info
Dave

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 18:20. »
System all up and running. Super impressed with it. Many thanks once again for recommending it.

Offline Pewster

Security System
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 18:32. »
I have fitted a "Blink" Security camera system at home which I was really impressed with.

So much so - I bought another two cameras and a Synch module - and took them over to GA.

Works a absolute treat - and (more importantly for me) I can keep an eye on the weather from my roof.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blink-Home-Security-Smartphone-Everything/dp/B075RHX3WP/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1523434986&sr=1-5&keywords=blink+xt

Picture quality is very good and easy to install (no power or hard wiring needed) - has infra red, motion detection and can me used simply as a webcam if you want to check out your Casa !

Beachlife, would you know if all the cameras have to run off the same router and ip address, or could I for example have two cameras in the uk, and two in Spain all linked to the same phone ? Sorry if that's a bit technical :)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 19:09. »

Beachlife, would you know if all the cameras have to run off the same router and ip address, or could I for example have two cameras in the uk, and two in Spain all linked to the same phone ? Sorry if that's a bit technical :)

That’s fine - you can have any number of systems on your phone - I have two. You can arm / disarm each system separately and there is no difficulty in setting up - you simply bar code (qr code) scan with your phone and it links to your IOS or Android accounts. Mine works on both my iPad and iPhone and I only initially installed it on the phone. All just synchs up together

BeachLife

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Security System
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 07:53. »
Remembered this earlier post and wondered if anyone would be interested in this.  I’m not particularly, but it looks like a bargain!!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 14:24. »
Hi just a couple of questions, can you bring this out in your hand luggage, is the app free, can you get the app on a android phone.

Steve

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 15:28. »
Hi just a couple of questions, can you bring this out in your hand luggage, is the app free, can you get the app on a android phone.

Steve

Yes OK in hand luggage no issues, app is free and works on both IOS and Android

BeachLife

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 15:42. »
I’ve just had one arrive and I’m struggling to get the app on my I pad and my android phone, any tips, I’m testing in england and hopefully bring out on Thursday

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Security System
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 21:38. »
If you cant find it on the app store - try scanning these QR codes :

BeachLife