Author Topic: Tobacco shops  (Read 3265 times)

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Tobacco shops
« on: April 07, 2018, 12:44. »
Hi, some friends want us to bring some cigarettes back. Where is the nearest tabac shop in GA , we went to the one in Arenales but it was shut.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Tobacco shops
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 14:43. »
There is one in the GA Commercial Centre, however the one in El Altet on the main road is cheaper!

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Tobacco shops
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 18:23. »
I use the No7 shop in Santa Pola - directly behind Burger King on Avenida de Granada at the marina.

Jose the owner also runs the tobacco and newsagents shop opposite the GA Health Centre (between La Piedra and Tutti's) but that shop is limited to the months that it can sell tobacco and I'm sure it's just through the summer.

Dave

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Tobacco shops
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 18:57. »
I think the cheapest Tabacos is at the airport, the entrance to the carpark, ground level. Its not very big but sells all the major brands. Not sure of the opening times either.  Did notice a significant difference in price between there and the airport last time I got my friend some tobacco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Tobacco shops
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 18:18. »
Never buy your cigarettes inside the terminal i.e. past security. They are 7.5 euros more expensive per carton there than at normal tobacco shops. The ones in Santa Pola and El Altet both have a good choice of english cigarettes. I think the price of cigarettes is determined by the government. Most tobacco shops shut 14.00 - 17.00 and don't open Sundays.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Tobacco shops
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 16:39. »
I would never buy cigarettes in the so called Duty Free part of the airport - nor much else either.

Another reason for using the port tabac is that Jose generally bundles 4 cartons together with a bottle of vodka or some other popular spirit. He is no dearer than anywhere else as like Blue and White Stripes says the minimum price at an official Tabac shop is set by the Government (the price usually increases in January).

Dave

Offline masmu

Tobacco shops
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 16:43. »
I would agree with the others - get your cigarettes or tobacco from the tabac shop in either Santa Pola or El Altet - these are Duty Paid.  Anything bought in the airport is Duty Free.  There is a difference.