Author Topic: Ryanair hand-luggage changes  (Read 2617 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Ryanair hand-luggage changes
« on: January 21, 2018, 14:59. »
Has anyone flown with these new changes.  Im a bit unsure as to the new process.  Do you go through to the boarding gate, give them a fiver and they take the case, or do you have to now check them in and pay at the desk?   If you have to pay at the gate what would happen if someone didn’t know of the changes, would their luggage be refused?   I’ve just purchased the correct size bag which is literally just big enough for a change of clothes. This is fine for me as I have clothes at the apartment - but it would not do for someone who hasn’t. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 15:35. »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 15:43. »
All it means is if you haven’t bought priority boarding they take the larger bag off you at the gate /plane steps and put it in the hold so you get it after passport control on conveyor .you don’t check it in

The £5 is the priority charge although it can be more than that

Offline Annette

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 15:54. »
Thank you for the info.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 15:59. »
Ok thanks - not sure if i’m being thick but if you pay priority boarding when do they take the larger bag from you?

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 16:02. »
They don’t, it goes on with you as does the smaller bag.
Yes you are x

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 16:05. »
If you pay priority they don’t take the larger bag off you at all as long as it fits in the crate if it’s larger than that you have to check it in like you always did and pay the baggage price £25 I think if you book it on line .

The only change is that if you don’t have priority they take the larger bag off you and put it in hold if you pay priority that’s the £5 when you book or at airport they don’t take larger bag of you

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 16:26. »
Just been going through this today, trying to make sense of it, in the end have bought priority boarding for both of us, something I am not going to make a habitat of.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 18:31. »
Ok thickos got it now!!! I’m so mistrusting of Ryannair that I just had visions of piles of sad little suitcases piled
high as the plane takes off without them

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 19:10. »
I though I was pretty diligent - but got caught out with the new rules. I had a row 4 seat booked that USED to come with Priority Boarding - all the first 4 rows did. But not any more if you book rows 1-4 you have to book Priority boarding separately as well !!
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 19:42. »
I booked some flights the other day with Ryanair, despite saying I’d never use them again.....there flight times are perfect for us, can’t cope with all these early morning departures the other operators offer from our part of the world, I was surprised at the different level of charges for reserving a seat..... apart from extra legroom they all used to be priced the same, not any more....the cheap flights ended up costing more than I thought, but still far cheaper than Jet2.com

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 20:46. »
I’m with you john ryanair are now my flights of no choice just done Jet2.com from stansted great flight but horrible times 0610 who needs that but i will stick with them for now can’t face ryanair just yet

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 15:29. »
Flew back to Gatwick at the weekend with Ryanair, absolutely no problems.

As has been said, pay for Priority and you can take the larger bag on board as well. Don't pay and it goes in the hold  8)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 16:32. »
What was the response in the non-priority queue to having the bags removed - pretty calm ?

Just a thought - if the priority queue was quite short - say 20 people - would they take the cases off the first people in the non priority queue even with loads of overhead storage left ?
BeachLife

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 22:47. »
And what would happen if everyone paid for priority?, would they take the bags off the last on, OR suddenly find that there wasn't a problem in the first place.
Or am I just being a cynical old so and so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk