Author Topic: Just To Say Adios  (Read 2521 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 15:54. »
Thats a shame Keith and Jen, I would defo have come along to a meeting in the Sunset bar.  I must not have been in GA at the time.  It would be nice to put faces to names, say hello if in same bars. I met Luton and the AHV guys a few years ago.

Come on John you must be reading all these comments - what do you think???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 16:40. »
Admin:

Many web sites have a facility whereby one can donate to the running costs of the site.

If there was a button on this site to enable this, I would gladly contribute.

How about it Les?

Keith

Thanks Keith & Jen,

I have delibertely tried to avoid asking for donations as I fear that this would put a lot of people off but thankyou very much for your consideration. I want to keep this site alive as best I can, let's just see how things pan out. Regards to all.
Les.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 18:19. »
I'm humbled and somewhat surprised to read these comments, its obvious that there is still a lot of passion out there in wanting this forum to continue.
I can only see one negative comment that I would like to reply to, that stating that I "limit (censor) views that did not correspond with his", I have never done this, there are lots of views I don't agree with but I have never censored them. I have reminded members of forum rules and I have deleted posts that have fallen foul of forum rules, period.
I also noted a post asking what the purpose of the forum is, I quote from the forum rules;

GAsbags.
We want to make GAsbags as enjoyable as possible for the majority of our members and become a great resource for information on this part of Spain that we all share a love of. We of course need rules to help keep things running smoothly and protect our broad range of users.  Here are a few key pointers to take into account when using the Forum. We have also adopted some simple posting guidelines to help you which can be viewed on the Site Admin section of the Forum.

Basically the most important thing to remember is to be kind and respectful to each other.

This is a privately owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of site resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. This isn’t a “freedom of speech site” or a site to debate issues that have no relevance to Gran Alacant.
Respect is the name of the game. Do not flame, hound, badger, disrespect, or taunt anyone on the forums. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it or delete it.
Any member not paying respect to other members or the rules of the Forum will have their membership terminated.

We moderate the forum based on the above.

Yes, I'm back, with the comments made I couldnt say no!!

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 18:20. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 18:43. »
Just wanted to say two words John ....  Welcome back   :-*

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 18:46. »
Hi. Did I not say exactly this in both my posts. Yes John you are fantastic just let me know next time the dummy comes out your pram.  Derek
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 18:54. by Derek »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 18:46. »
Thank you John don’t listen to trolls welcome back

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 18:58. »
Hi. Did I not say exactly this in both my posts. Yes John you are fantastic just let me know next time the dummy comes out your pram. Unbelievable child like behaviour.  Derek
You are doing some lurking Derek.
Talking about prams and dummies, you threw yours out three years ago in the first few weeks of the forums existence when I refused to let you post about UK politics, you demanded that we terminated your membership, despite us asking you to stay and abide by forum rules, you then ran to the old plaza and had a go about me and GASbags.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 20:24. »
Derek: 3 posts
John H: 1714 posts.

Difficult to decide who contributes more to the forum, isn´t it?

Bert

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 20:38. »
As someone who has posted in the past and will continue to do so I was going to say don't go but am glad as i read down the messages of support that you are not leaving and have decided to stay,  good, not sure if this forum would have continued were it not for your support and input and also that of others like you, I have always found you to be a voice of reason.

Hazel

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 22:53. »

Hi John
So pleased you are not saying Adios.
look forward to your future posts
Mushte

Offline petercs

Just To Say Adios
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2018, 08:50. »
Thank you John for staying.
Personally I am only interested in the GA area and all aspects of what is happening around there,
If an individual wants to talk politics, dig at a poster, or, get a perverted enjoyment from stirring it, then let them do it elsewhere
Let’s hope we can now get back on track and use the forum for what it was originally intended.

Peter

Offline Teamkruuse

Just To Say Adios
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2018, 10:19. »

Dear John

Forget that FOOL ::)

And

keep up the good work :)

All others enjoy all the good info and nice stuff you spread  ;D ;D
Thanks alot

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Just To Say Adios
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2018, 12:21. »
i can honestly say i don't notice the name of the poster on the left side of the thread, if it is of interest i read it and reply if i need. In other words i have no idea who posts the most threads so take no notice of the moaners.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Davison

Just To Say Adios
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2018, 13:51. »
I have always found you fair John and well informed the majority of members DO NOT WANT YOU TO DISSAPPEAR so STAY
Allison

Offline Mildred

Just To Say Adios
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 16:28. »
John..
Jim and I have always found you quotes/ information very helpful and you leaving the forum will be a loss.

Ignore stupid people.

Sue