Author Topic: Tv licence  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Peter D

Tv licence
« on: November 07, 2017, 18:24. »
Do we need a tv licence in Spain ?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 19:42. »
All channels are financed by advertising so no licence fee is paid

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Peter D

Tv licence
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 20:02. »
Thanks John,we have only had our place 9 years and this was my missus,s query this morning

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 20:09. »
Pity it’s not like that in uk the old bbc has been getting easy money without working for it for too long

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 11:58. »
The BBC has long been run by london based leftie luvvies whose soul aim is to feather there own nests, it made me laugh earlier in the year when certain presenters complained about pay inequality, as in why do i only get 400 thousand when he gets 500 thousand, frankly i wouldnt pay the pair of you with washers.
They dont like it up em !

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 15:03. »
Agree 100% Victor, the BBC needs reforming.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 17:59. »
This is a forum about GA, unless I’ve got it wrong.
People don’t log on to read other folks views of the BBC
If I’ve got it wrong can other members please advise me and I’ll log out and forget about GAsbags.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 18:46. »
That´s it.  Fed up with Mr Miseryguts  and his depressing, off-topic posts, now encouraged by Kevin B.  I´m off.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Bert

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 20:48. »
Fair point Bert, apologies.

Offline jdr

Tv licence
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 22:44. »
Hi
totally agree with John H, and Sunseeker previously, please don,t hijack other feeds, start your own if you wish, members are looking for GA travelling or here experiences, not political opinions even tho I may agree. I will only post on GA matters, humour most welcome, sarcasim not required and has been the death knoll of other sites
Sorry but that my opinion
Jim

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 23:37. »
I think the great strength of this forum is that it does allow the threads to move off the issue to allow great debates shared thoughts and a huge amount of useful info shared and digested  I know it can frustrate but sometimes it prudces a little gem that makes you think

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 23:39. »
After several minutes of reflection i have decided to join the long list of gasbag and plaza members who have hung up there stylus and left the forum. Best wishes to all. Victor signing off.
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 17:24. »
Shame, I've been on over zealous forums and ones too slack, I thought this one had it just about right.......until quite recently when for some reason it's become very stifled, let's get back to some kind of flexibility or it will die.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 15:35. »
I agree with Llamedos and Spurs; what does it matter if a thread drifts off a little as long as the OP gets an answer. The sideways comments can stimulate other avenues of discussion or wither on the vine if there is no interest.

I imagine most posters and readers are intelligent enough to be able to discern what they want to read, contribute to or ignore as long as the forum rules are obeyed.

Recently there seems a very narrow path to tread before a line is drawn under a post - it appears a  bit too big brother ish to me at the moment.

Dave

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Tv licence
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 21:25. »
Think if you are a Brit a Freesat system is a cheap way of getting UK TV, this year has seen more channels added to Freesat including Dave, Drama, Yesterday and others. If you have space for a 1.4m dish this seems to be a reasonable size to get good results. On our community we have a communal 2.4m dish which feeds a distribution system, its OK but wasn't well thought out, we get about a dozen Freesat channels which is better than nothing but we are getting bored with the limited menu so have decided to have our own dish and receiver next year. My neighbor has his own system that works well, the only real downside is during heavy rain the picture disappears. The upside with Freesat is no license required and as its unencrypted doesn't seem to be illegal to receive it in Spain.