Author Topic: Currency Watching  (Read 1834 times)

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Currency Watching
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 16:25. »
It's just dropped about 1.5 cents after the interest rate change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Currency Watching
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 17:44. »
Timing is everything got 114.1 yesterday - that rate rise really backfired
BeachLife

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Currency Watching
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 19:27. »
Hi John,

Like Phillip I still don’t get the distinction between our posts yesterday but I’m not the adjudicator so will say no more than what has already been said.

Going back to the original post of currency watching can anyone explain why the GBP gained a couple of cents over the last few days on the anticipation of a well flagged raise in interest rates, only to lose (at the moment) over two cents once that raise is actually confirmed?

Dare I speculate and say someone is taking their profit. It truly is a dark art.

Dave

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Currency Watching
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 20:56. »
DaveG, you post voiced your opinion of currency traders and hedge fund managers and went no way towards answering  the original post.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Currency Watching
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 22:24. »
Now youve done it Tony, oil majors influencing absolutely everything to there own financial gain, even starting the odd war. Quick rein myself in before i get told off. Shifted a few euros yesterday at 1.141 like puddy woo says buys the first drink. As a wiser man once told me "its all a game " sadly after 50 years i still dont know the rules.
They dont like it up em !