Author Topic: New Argentinain Steak House  (Read 1542 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
New Argentinain Steak House
« on: October 12, 2017, 17:47. »
Opening soon on the Sunset Strip (sorry Victor) ground floor in place of the Chinese who have sold and gone.

Dave

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 18:32. »
Is it going to be a Patagonia one or a completely new type

Offline TRISH

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 18:56. »
Where Is  sunset strip ?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 21:27. by TRISH »

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 19:33. »
Looks like completely independant - definitely not a Patagonia. Not sure when it's opening but it has been worked on all week and doesn't look to be too far away.

For the uninitiated the Sunset Strip is the new name for the Carabassi Bars.

Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 20:19. »
I’m always amazed at how many makeovers /remodels these places have had those bars are not yet 15 years old and some of them must have changed hands and been refurbed 15 times someone must have some money at about £20 k a refurb that’s more than most of them cost to build

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 20:47. »
Opening soon on the Sunset Strip (sorry Victor) ground floor in place of the Chinese who have sold and gone.

Dave

In all fairness Dave it can be called whatever, to me it will always be the Shirley Bassey. As Spurs points out my head spins at the eateries and bars that have come and gone absolutely dozens. Saying that there have been in my opinion some decent places over the years remember Los Belgas the rest well whatever floats your boat.
Sorry forgot to mention Maykas a little gem the rest can be bulldozed to improve my view to the sea.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 20:51. by victor »
They dont like it up em !

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 21:21. »
We've never been to that Chinese and the couple who rented next door to us this summer said it was their fav place so we decided next time we were over we'd try it.  Oh well maybe not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Chris C

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 22:08. »
Didn't even realise there was a Chinese down there, I know the new Spanish owners who are going to be opening the new steak house and I will defiantly be giving it a try. Not been that keen on Patagonia sierra mar square recently although haven't tried masa square one for ages

Offline Pantalonesgrandes72

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 16:52. »
That Chinese was OK if you wanted standard UK-type Chinese food, but the best Chinese in GA must be the one next to the Scandinavian restaurant next to the GA centre. We tried it for the first time when we visited this year, most definitely NOT generic UK style Chinese food and so reasonable - Mrs Pantalones. Pantalones pequenos and myself enjoyed 3 courses and 3 rounds of drinks for a little over 50 euros!!

Offline Chris C

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 17:12. »
That Chinese was OK if you wanted standard UK-type Chinese food, but the best Chinese in GA must be the one next to the Scandinavian restaurant next to the GA centre. We tried it for the first time when we visited this year, most definitely NOT generic UK style Chinese food and so reasonable - Mrs Pantalones. Pantalones pequenos and myself enjoyed 3 courses and 3 rounds of drinks for a little over 50 euros!!

Yes Gran Munro is good but my favourite is still Nan King up the hill, menu del dia absolute bargain and the food is top notch. Many times I have landed late at airport and gone straight there as they about to close. Always very accomodating and will stay open even if there is just me in there. Very rarely have Chinese in UK now and never take always anymore

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 19:01. »
100% with you, Nan King every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 18:55. »
My mate went in the new Steak house last night and said it was cr*p, the service was awful and the food not much better. Early days but not a good start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 13:28. »
We went to the new steakhouse "Chublut" on Saturday night and have to say we found the meal excellent - I decided on the steak skewer as a trial in case the food was below par but have to say the steak was the best that I have had in a very long time. The chicken skewer was equally as good.

We got a huge complimentary basket of bread with tomato salsa after ordering and the house wine was also good.

There was only one other table occupied by eight people and I would echo LLamados comments that the service was a little slow but the meal more than made up for the wait; early days in this respect and hopefully it should improve with time.

Subdued lighting, quiet chillout background music and attentive staff made it very enjoyable and we will go back soon.

Dave.

PS I am not a gastronome and am always accused of only eating to live but I know what I like.