Author Topic: Barking Mad  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Russell

Barking Mad
« on: October 22, 2017, 11:02. »

The barking from 7-11pm every evening is driving the neighbourhood of Monte y Mar mad.
Are there no rules for locking dogs in yards and allowing them to continually bark by disrespectful neighbours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline masmu

Barking Mad
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:54. »
Russell there actual laws (not just community rules) about hours that dogs are allowed to be left outside.

We are on lower Monte y Mar and a few years ago had real problems with dogs being left outside and barking constantly during the night - sleep was almost impossible. Our Administrators sent out a copy of the law on this.  I have tried to find a copy of it to post but can't locate it at the moment - if/when I do I will post it on here.  The tenants of the property did eventually move out.

Meanwhile I would speak to your Administrators about this problem.  I know it can be very very annoying.

Good luck

Offline Russell

Barking Mad
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 13:27. »
Great.
Thank you, that's very useful information.
Kind Regards.

Offline masmu

Barking Mad
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 17:17. »
Russell I have found the document I was talking about - hopefully you can make sense of the dodgy translation.

Articulo 78 Obligatoriedad
Article 78 Obligation
1.Los propietarios o poseedores de animales estan obligados a mantenerlos en adecuaadas codiciones higienico-sanitarias y  este sentido deben estar correctamente vacunados, desparasitados, alojados alimentados y controlados sanitariamente.
1. Owners or keepers are required to keep them in proper hygienic-sanitary conditions and this sense must be properly vaccinated, wormed, fed and controlled sanitary housed.

Igualmente los alojamientos seran adecuados a sus exigencias naturales y deberan satisfacerse sus necesidades de ejercicio fisico cuando la especie lo requiera
Accommodation will also suit their natural requirements and MUST satisfy their needs physical exercise when the species requires

Por razones de caracter sanitario o molestias de vecinos el Ayuntamiento puede limitar, previo informe tecnico el numero de animales que pueden alojarse en cada domicilio o inmueble
For reasons of health or nuisance character of the City may limit neighbors, previous technical report the number of animals to be kept in every home or property

2.  Los poseedores de animales estan obligados a adoptar las medidas necesarias para impedir que la tranquilidad de sus vecinos sea alterada por el comportamiento de aquellos
The keepers are required to lay down measures to prevent the tranquility of their neighbors is altered by the behavior of those.

3.Se prohibe desde las 22 horas hasta las 8 horas, dejar en patios, terrazas, galerias y balones u otros espacios abiertos, animales domesticos que sus sonidos, gritos o cantos perturben el descanso de los vecinos
Is prohibited from 22 hours to 8 hours, then in patios, terraces, galleries and balls or other open spaces, pets their sounds, cries or chants disturb the rest of the neighbors

4.Los propietarios o poseedores de animals potencialmente peligrosos deberan de inscribirlos en el Registro Municipal correspondiente.
The owners or possessors of potentially dangerous animals MUST to enroll in the corresponding Municipal Register.

Articulo 81 Incumplimientos
Article 81 Breaches
1 En el caso que los propietarios o responsables de animales incumpliesen las obligaciones establecidas en los articulos anteriors, y especialmente cuando haya reisgo para la seguridad o salud de las personas, o generen molestias a los vecinos (ruidos,agresividad, malas condiciones higienicas) la Administracion municipal podra requerir a los propietarios o encargados de los animales que generen el problema y sancionarlos. En caso de no llevarlo a decomisar el animal y disponer su traslado a un establecimiento adecuado a cargo del propietario o a las instalaciones de acogida de animales y adoptar cualquier otra medida adicional que se considere necesaria

In the event that the owners or keepers of animals incumpliesen the obligations established in articles anteriors, particularly if there is or Hazard to safety or health of people, or generate nuisance to neighbors (noise, aggression, poor hygienic conditions) the Administration municipality may require the owners or managers of animals that generate the problem and punish them. If not take it to seize the animal and arrange transfer to an appropriate facility by the owner or the animal shelter facilities and adopt any additional measures deemed necessary.

2   Los propietarios o poseedores de animales deben facilitar el acceso a los servicios tecnicos municipales competentes para realizar la inspeccion y comprobar el cumplimiento de las disposiciones de esta ordenanza.
Owners or keepers of animals must facilitate access to relevant municipal technical services for the inspection and monitoring compliance with the provisions of this ordinance.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Barking Mad
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 18:06. »
Ive never got to grips with what going on with spain and dogs. In the uk where i live, out of 10 houses, 6 have dogs including me for many years. And you rarely hear a dog bark just never absolute days and weeks go by with tranquillity. Now over to GA and its the exact opposite, probably less dogs to houses but the constant 24/7 racket has been horrendous some years. To the exent you cant wait for them to leave, the owner to die or lastly the dog to croak, for some peace and quiet. It seems the spanish and where i am they seem the main culprits dont give a damn about the misery they cause, reason and sensible discussion, you might as well talk to the wall. The only solution is community rules and then the local policia.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Shash

Barking Mad
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 15:25. »
Russell, is the barking not coming from the dog park? We are opposite it and the dogs that visit tend to come at that time and enthusiastically bark whilst there. Can drive you a bit mad, but as a dog lover, I tend to turn a deaf ear!

Offline Russell

Barking Mad
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 18:57. »
Hi Shash
Thanks for reply.
I totally agree with you that if dogs are in the park and having fun then barking is acceptable. I like you, are a lover of all animals and sponsor numerous charities.
Unfortunately the noise we are hearing is from a small minority that seem to be showing no respect for neighbours and locking their dogs in the yard and allowing them to bark until late at night. This is not only stressful for the poor animal but for other people that have to put up with it.
Another member on the forum has been kind enough to send me a copy of the T&C
of nuisance behaviour  relating to noise from dogs. It's most certainly not the animals fault and pretty upsetting to hear these animals that are left in a stressful state.
However the responsible owners do need to have some kind of reprimand by the authorities so the noise doesn't continue.
Once again thank you for your reply.
Kind Regards

Offline Russell

Barking Mad
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 19:02. »
Hi Masmu
Thank you so much for this information. I'm going to print it off, and with this useful information I can hopefully approach the relevant parties that deal with this kind of situation.
It's very saddening to hear dogs that are barking for hours. It's not the poor animals fault, the irresponsible owners are to blame.
Kind Regards

Offline masmu

Barking Mad
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 15:14. »
No problema Russell
It may be a good idea to speak your Administrators in the first instance and to get all other unhappy neighbours to do the same.
Our Administrators were very helpful when we had our problem.  Their address is:- Urb Altomar 1, Bungalow 307 Av Escandinavia 23.  Maybe they are yours too.
As has been said before, it is not the dogs to blame but the cruel and thoughtless owners, and they should not be allowed to get away with this.
Good Luck.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Barking Mad
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 15:33. »
To a lot of Spanish people a dog is nothing more than a burglar alarm/deterrent.

Graham 

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Barking Mad
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 23:18. »
To a lot of Spanish people a dog is nothing more than a burglar alarm/deterrent.

Graham

Graham your so right, some Spanish neighbours of mine have 2 yappy dogs, the owners both work a lot, so dogs left with gallons of water and a barrel of food. The dogs bark relentlessly at every passing event. The irony is once the owner gets home the dogs clearly get on his wick with there constant yapping, he frequently shouts at them, making more noise than the dogs. You couldn't make it up.
They dont like it up em !