Author Topic: Advice re buying  (Read 3168 times)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Advice re buying
« on: March 07, 2015, 10:30. »
we are thinking of buying an apartment and just looking into it at the moment, it seems quite complicated to understand re costs, has anyone just bought and can advise re charges, we know there is a purchase price and 10 percent tax but does that ten percent cover all charges with respect to a purchase or are there additional fees, e.g. Notary and has anyone any idea how much they are, need to figure out if we have enough!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Advice re buying
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 10:47. »
Hi Sunseeker, it's over 10 years since we bought, I've forgotten exactly  how much we "added on" for solicitors, notaries, obtaining DNI numbers,  purchase tax, having wills done etc.
Unless anyone can give you a figure I'd recommend two things.
Get yourself a copy of David Searles You and the Law in Spain, essential reading and a great source of correct reference unlike the advice given in local bars.
Secondly drop an email or make a call to Karen or Phillipe at Gran Alacant Homefinders, they will give you all the information you're after.
http://www.ga-homefinders.co.uk

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Advice re buying
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 10:59. »
Hi, likewise I cannot recall exactly but I know that we ended up less than the 10% of purchase price which you are advised to budget for, I think in the end it was just over 8%. The biggest part is the IVA (VAT) which at the time was 7% but may have been raised since (I haven't checked), as John says get in touch with someone local who can advise you, personally I would suggest Andrea Burns whom we have used in the past to keep us right.

Good luck,

Michael.
Mike and Jane Hopper

granalacant

Advice re buying
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 11:29. »
just walk into any Notary Public, they will inform you EXACTLY in seconds or minutes. And give you an exact breakdown.
Byt Law they have to give you full advice.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Advice re buying
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 16:16. »
Thanks all, have emailed Karen, so hope to get a reply, and have also emailed a local ga solicitor, so we will see where we go from here. Wish it was as  8)straightforward as in England but I'm sure we'll get the hang of it. 8)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Advice re buying
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 17:50. »
Karen is great. Also David at Carabassi Casas

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Helen-Stephen

Advice re buying
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 17:53. »
Isabel would also be able to help you, always been very efficient and very reasonable.

Isabel Monteliu

Foreigners Advisory Bureau
Tel:(0034) 966699936
www.fab-consulting.com

Wishing you well.

Offline Helen-Stephen

Advice re buying
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 17:55. »
As it been said in the above post Karen at Homefinder are very good.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Advice re buying
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 21:20. »
I spoke to a friend this afternoon who is more up to date than me on this, she said;

10% of the house price shown on the deeds for taxes.......I know from chatting to our solicitor a few weeks ago it's still quite normal for the deeds only to show 90% of the purchase price unless the purchase is being funded by a mortgage in which case it's usually the full sale price that is shown
Notary registry and lawyer about €1500
New  contracts for utilities €220

Hope this helps

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 21:24. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Advice re buying
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 21:06. »
Sunseeker the process of buying property in spain is near identical to the uk the main problem is usually the inability of the purchaser to either read or speak Spanish
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Advice re buying
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 23:36. »
sunseekers, when we bought our house I struggled to order a beer in Spanish, this didn't give us a problem.
We gave our solicitor Power of Attorney and they took care of everything,  just as they still do.

Regards all

John

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Advice re buying
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 07:59. »
If you fancy an apartment on Novamar 3, then mine is up for sale. The details are on GA Homefinders website under reference GA0101. http://www.ga-homefinders.co.uk/en/property/01080/flatapartment-in-gran-alacant/

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Advice re buying
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47. »
Thanks John, it is useful to know how others have managed their purchase and the power of attorney is probably going to be necessary if we do go ahead as we can't be out there for unlimited time and thank you for your comments too Victor, I can speak enough spanish to get me by in normal conversation and read it a little better, but grammatically I need to improve and in my opinion one should always take care to have the correct interpretation in legal documentation, and the same for medical issues as I am by no means fluent so would depend on the people who do know fluent Spanish, such as Karen who has lived and worked and learned the language impeccably because of this, or indeed a bi lingual legal rep.