Author Topic: Garden centres  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Russell

Garden centres
« on: October 18, 2017, 22:59. »
Please could anyone advise me on the best place to purchase outdoor plants.

Regards
Russell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bramleylad

Garden centres
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 00:59. »
Both markets ,Saturday in Santa Pola and Thursday in Gran Alacant have stalls that sell plants/flowers and Gabe Market ,Chinese shop on Avda Noruega ( road down to Carabasi ) also do

Offline Russell

Garden centres
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:45. »
Both markets ,Saturday in Santa Pola and Thursday in Gran Alacant have stalls that sell plants/flowers and Gabe Market ,Chinese shop on Avda Noruega ( road down to Carabasi ) also do

Offline Russell

Garden centres
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:47. »
Great, thanks for info, I will take  a trip down there.
RT

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Garden centres
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 20:16. »
Hi Russell,

If you have transport then Victors (no relation I don't think) garden centre in La Marina is very good. It's on the main N332A road on the right after passing through the town heading towards Guardamar.

Also and in my opinion the best one is the Mayayo Garden Centre on the N332 just before Guardamar (pass the Chinese bazaar and Mercadona La Marina and it's opposite the Go-Carts San Fulgencio). It's on the left as you travel from here so you have to pass it and double back at the next roundabout.

These are both proper garden centres not stalls - it depends what you are after.

Dave

Offline Russell

Garden centres
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 20:19. »
Great thanks Dave
I shall head that way tomorrow.
RT.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Garden centres
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 21:36. »
We always buy our plants etc from Viveros La Dama on the La Hoya - La Marina road.  Really helpful and knowledgeable staff too  8)

http://viverosladama.com/en/

Offline Russell

Garden centres
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 21:46. »
Thanks for helpful advice. Will take a trip there tomorrow when we visit a couple of others that have also been recommended.
Regards
RT.

Offline jdr

Garden centres
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 21:52. »
Hi
I would not normally reply to this but, in trying to get new participants on forum, here we go, the  post asked for Garden Centres, Lidl  Chinese also sell plants markets Etc. all sell plants, but are not in my opinion Garden Centres,  but there is indeed a shortage of Garden centres in GA, El Altet, we have tried by round about to El Altet very poor, also towards Torrialano past Franks on airport road, none did credit, the road Santa Pola to Elche very poor but unfortunately we   need to got south to La Marina, Quesada or Guadama area to find proper Garden Centres
Jim

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Garden centres
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 09:07. »
I think a lot of the Garden Centres have been hurt by the Chinese Bazzar shops selling plants as large as small Orange Tree’s they have big mark-ups on what you can get them for at the proper Garden Centres. As mentioned earlier the one in Altet is now pretty much run down to nothing - there is a very large one on the right on the long straight road to Elche from Santa Pola - but may be “wholesale”. My personal choice is the one in La Marina Viveros La Dama

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Garden centres
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 18:33. »
The big one on the Elche road is excellent.  It's a nursery, & is the cheapest around for bedding plants (you'll see the market traders filling their vans there).  They do sell to the public as well.
I have a range of cactus a succulents that don't need looking after, & then top up with flowers every time we come over.  It works for us.

Offline Michael

Garden centres
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 10:33. »
We use the one on the Elche road when we visit as well.  Excellent price and good for bedding plants.  If you ware looking for something more akin to a small UK nursery, try the one on the N332 towards Torrevieja and you will find it on the left shortly after the La Marina turn-off a few hundred meters before the San Fulgencia roundabout (they are also open Sunday's - I think from 10.00 til 14.00)