Author Topic: Rental nightmare!  (Read 2435 times)

Offline GA OP Group Spain

Rental nightmare!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 11:14. »
Hello group!

My name is James and I have been renting properties on long term periods here in Gran Alacant for several years now and manage the OP Group Spain Gran Alacant office.
Our priority is to rent properties to the best suited tenants and mediate on behalf of the owner with the tenant in order to try and achieve a smooth and happy tenancy. This can be tricky as every day we are presented with new problems, mainly maintenance issues which we will inspect and resolve and the cost is met by the owner unless it is clear the tenants have caused it and does not come down to wear and tear. However sometimes issues arise which cannot be fixed by our maintenance man! People have different ways of living and sometimes we have to deal with rifts between tenants, neighbours and communities. Our power to control peoples behavior is restricted and we can only offer dialogue and assistance or look to terminate a contract under the guidance of the law.
We take all complaints seriously and try to mediate to find the best and most just solution for all parties. Anyone that has an issue regarding one of our rental properties can email me on james.mackintosh@opgroupspain.com and I will do my best to help.
I am sorry to here Victor and Lolabunny of your grievences and would be happy to discuss them further on email. We have been managing rentals for over 10 years in the area and are proud to be one of the leading agents of this field and hope to maintain our reputation as being fair.       

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Rental nightmare!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 12:11. »
James and the gang from OPI rented out my property in Monte Cid a few years ago and we had no problems with him/them at all.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Rental nightmare!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 15:46. »
Fair play and respect for OP Group to come on here and respond ......

Hello group!

My name is James and I have been renting properties on long term periods here in Gran Alacant for several years now and manage the OP Group Spain Gran Alacant office.
Our priority is to rent properties to the best suited tenants and mediate on behalf of the owner with the tenant in order to try and achieve a smooth and happy tenancy. This can be tricky as every day we are presented with new problems, mainly maintenance issues which we will inspect and resolve and the cost is met by the owner unless it is clear the tenants have caused it and does not come down to wear and tear. However sometimes issues arise which cannot be fixed by our maintenance man! People have different ways of living and sometimes we have to deal with rifts between tenants, neighbours and communities. Our power to control peoples behavior is restricted and we can only offer dialogue and assistance or look to terminate a contract under the guidance of the law.
We take all complaints seriously and try to mediate to find the best and most just solution for all parties. Anyone that has an issue regarding one of our rental properties can email me on james.mackintosh@opgroupspain.com and I will do my best to help.
I am sorry to here Victor and Lolabunny of your grievences and would be happy to discuss them further on email. We have been managing rentals for over 10 years in the area and are proud to be one of the leading agents of this field and hope to maintain our reputation as being fair.     
BeachLife

Offline Lolabunny

Rental nightmare!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 15:51. »
I don't need to email you James. I sat in your office and dealt directly with you and provided a written list of the problems. My feelings at that time were that the list would go in the bin as soon as I left. It was an extremely stressful and disappointing rental, and I now prefer to put it down to experience and have since booked numerous villas with another company, who have very high standards.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Rental nightmare!
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 19:37. »
James like lolabunny i also dont need to email you, the issues caused by some of your tenants over the last 5 years you will be well aware of, but sadly the end result was me out of pocket for damage caused. I dont come to my house in spain for conflict and aggravation and certainly dont require mediation by yourselves regarding a tenant you have let to.
They dont like it up em !