Author Topic: Nightclubs or late bars for twenty year olds  (Read 1714 times)

Offline sunseeker

Nightclubs or late bars for twenty year olds
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:25. »
Brought my adult kids who are looking for either nightclubs or late opening bars where other young people hang out. Any ideas? Staying up from dial prix. Also anyone know the nearest mini train stop to here. Thanks so much

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 14:12. »
La Piedra stays open late and is populated by young ones. The Yellow Submarine night club at the Carabassi bars area is presumably still going, not being interested in it I am not sure but others will probably know.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 15:13. »
They would also like the American Rock Bar above Mercadona. Nearest train stop to you at Dialprix would be by the MASA sales office on the main road.

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 15:34. »
Thanks very much indeed.

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 18:51. »
Also Mandala Beach, again upstairs in the Commercial Centre!

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 21:39. »
Thanks again. What sort of times are they open to? Also anywhere in the next few days for karaoke? Thanks very much

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 22:37. »
Ah yes karaoke, the same people singing the same songs at the same time every week/month/year to the same audience.
Off the top of my head, Tuesday's Shooters, Wednesday's at Oceans, then it's karaoke overload on Friday down the Carabasi with Oceans, Molly's and Caitlin's all waiting for you to strangle a bit of Queen or Abba.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 07:58. »
Hopefully the singalongs over at the GA centre will be shut by 11pm thus giving local residents there nights sleep, the boom boom from the beer house till 3am was a nightmare, fortunately that awful little man has since gone bust.
They dont like it up em !

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 10:36. »
The GA Centre is probably their best bet locally (American Bar for a band, and perhaps Mandella afterwards) - but do encourage them to see the Barrio in Alicante in full swing (ie do not arrive before midnight)

Twenty year olds out for the night in La Piedra is about the saddest thing I can think off haha.

Me? I'll be tucked up with the ear-plugs so I can't hear the increasingly loud Karaoke from Little Benidorm Square.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 10:49. »
Tbh GA is not ideal for that age group - too many oldies, me included. My kids grew up holidaying here so they knew the score so now its their additional chill holiday. Not sure if the Life Bar still has music late in the night but thats where mine went, or Alicante, for a proper night out -used to bus it in and cab home.  Bit partial to a late one there myself being young at heart !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 12:05. »
So as you see sunseeker GA is slowly becoming Frimpton-on-sea but there are loads of places to play bingo and if your older siblings want a sing song I've already heard one of the pub entertainers singing "roll out the barrel"😀

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 13:35. »
Never understand why people who buy in a relatively unspoilt beautiful part of the coast are obsessed with turning it into a tacky subsidiary of benidorm, if you want kiss me quick hats and sombreros go south on the 332 to la marina or torre. I like benidorm for a day out but have no wish to own there, but sadly certain elements are moving into GA who seek little britain. I say leave GA alone.
They dont like it up em !

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 14:06. »
For a list of what entertainment is on in GA please see here http://www.alicanteholidayvillas.com/articles/whats-on/  8)

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 14:48. »
So as you see sunseeker GA is slowly becoming Frimpton-on-sea but there are loads of places to play bingo and if your older siblings want a sing song I've already heard one of the pub entertainers singing "roll out the barrel"

Bingo is banned as it was too noisy for some!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 17:04. »
Thanks. They've not been since little kids but I'm road testing a house similar to one I hope to buy one day so a couple of spare bedrooms. We just go for quiet meals so wasn't up on what there was for twenty somethings. Thanks for all your suggestions.