Author Topic: Buy or just rent?  (Read 2658 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Buy or just rent?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 13:34. »
I might sound like a right snob here, but the thought of someone using our house and sleeping in my bed sends shivers of horror down my spine
If we had to rent it out to cover costs we would never have bought it.
To us the big benefit is that our clothes are in the wardrobe, our undies are in the bedside drawers, our shower gel and shampoo is in the bathrooms and we know the place will be pristine when we get there.
There's a big difference IMHO between a home in the sun and a rental property

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Buy or just rent?
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 14:22. »
Like you john I don't rent out but was saying it's easy money if people want to. I like coming and finding as it was not having to lock everything away etc

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Buy or just rent?
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 14:45. »
Wherever you are neighbours are a lottery, we have seen in our street dozens of people of all nationalities come and go, on one side a lovely spanish family the last 10 years, on the other who knows when we arrive , it could be mother Theresa or vlad the impaler with 4 yappy dogs, ironically the landlord owns quite a few rentals, all of which are now in a sorry state of repair, and to cap it off at the urbanisation agm he always is in arrears for thousands in unpaid community fees, so whilst his tenants are causing chaos in the pool he doesnt even bother paying.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Buy or just rent?
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 15:11. »
I agree victor it seems that all the communities have serial non payers and it takes ages to get them to court and forced to pay on our AGM this year someone owes €3000 which by my reckoning means they have never paid .  Not sure what can be done as it's a civil issue you can't even turn their pool keys off !!!

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Buy or just rent?
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 16:11. »
Ultimately - we (the community) will denounce  and sell the house to pay the bill. Takes some doing but in the end we got everything - it did take years
BeachLife

Offline Grigsby

Buy or just rent?
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 10:36. »
Ultimately - we (the community) will only the best supplements for gaining muscle and sell the house to pay the bill. Takes some doing but in the end we got everything - it did take years

If you can then buy otherwise you're just paying money to someone else.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 19:53. by Grigsby »