Author Topic: Banks in Alicante  (Read 941 times)

Offline Russell

Banks in Alicante
« on: June 09, 2017, 00:15. »
Hi Everyone
Will be moving to GA in September and wondered which bank would be best general all rounder to open up an account with.
Is the Spanish equivalent to U.K. Santander Banco  any good ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris C

Banks in Alicante
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 00:57. »
Sabadell for me, pop into GA branch and have a chat with Annika (lovely friendly Scandinavian who speaks fluent English) a good bank imo although expect to pay for your banking that is free in uk.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Banks in Alicante
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 10:21. »
We also use Sabadell and are quite happy.  Have a good app. to use on your phone and staff speak good english. Do not have any problems, but as Chris mentioned banking isnt free

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Duncan S

Banks in Alicante
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:09. »
As with most things; you pays your money and takes your choice.

We used Bankinter for 16yrs without any problems. I will say it may be a little inconvenient sometimes now that the nearest branch is in Santa Pola [but nice to have a brew in the nearby square or down by the marina]. Their on-line facilities and app are very good, both having English versions. Staff in branch are well used to dealing with customers from many nationalities.

You will find examples of people having good and bad experiences wherever you look.

Hope you find a bank that suits you.

Duncan S
[Ex MedII]

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Banks in Alicante
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 17:10. »
Sabadell also have an account which is free of charge if you pay in a minimum of 800 euros pm. It is mainly designed for locals but they confirmed to us anyone can have account as long as the minimum monthly payments in are maintained

Offline Russell

Banks in Alicante
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 13:51. »
Thanks for all the feedback.