Author Topic: Grannet (Mark Reilly) v Telecable (Telmicro)  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Potter14

Grannet (Mark Reilly) v Telecable (Telmicro)
« on: June 02, 2017, 01:09. »
Wow why has Mark Reilly taken a large swipe at Telecable on FB, ok Grannet have had two very large failures with in as many months and are using yesterday's technology and need a big upgrade. Telecable new boys on the bloke using latest technology and grabbing lots of customers. But to take to FB to drag up bad history against a competitor is not good business sense.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:05. »
Telmicro, a class outfit, fleeced a lot of us!!
I seem to remember they were shut down by the Guardia, and I'm sure the CBN reported that they found millions in cash and the owners were given jail sentences
Have they resurfaced?

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:58. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Maricia

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 07:47. »
Telecable is a company based in Santa Pola - similar outfit to Grannet.

BW

Maricia

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 07:57. »
Perhaps I'll visit them Maricia and ask for my €250 back if indeed they are Telmicro as Potter14 implies.

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Maricia

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 09:20. »
Perhaps I'll visit them Maricia and ask for my €250 back if indeed they are Telmicro as Potter14 implies.

Regards all

John

I am not sure of the history of the Telecable but they recently sponsored a day on Montefaro (as advertised in the GA Magazine) and I could be wrong but I think some of Grannet staff have gone to work for this company.

BW

Maricia

Offline Maricia

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26. »
Sidney who worked for Grannet now is part of Telecable (maybe this the history issue posted on Facebook):

http://www.gasbags.us/index.php?topic=1538.msg8717#msg8717

BW

Maricia

Offline Potter14

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 11:55. »
Marcia your correct Sidney did jump ship and join Telecable but then he deserted them and rejoined Grannet but then again he might have done the same again in the last few weeks.

Offline Potter14

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 12:53. »
John didn't have a clue that Telecable might have been connected to telmicro till Mark Reilly rant but strange how you have picked up on comments on FB about going round to get some money back.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 13:15. »
 Nor did I till you mentioned it in your title to this thread Potter14.
Luckily, in 14 years, I've only  had my fingers burnt once by a rebroadcaster going out of business, Telimicro, I've still got the initial installation invoice in my folder, like a lot of folk I was not happy to have paid for an installation that didn't deliver for more than a few years.
If indeed Telecable is Telimicro reinvented they would not get a cent of my money.
For quite a few years I've been a happy GATV customer, a local family run business who deliver consistent and great service

Regards all

John