Author Topic: I wrote this for you to read  (Read 2128 times)

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
I wrote this for you to read
« on: May 29, 2017, 20:53. »
Me and the natural blonde are just back from another fantastic trip to GA.
We stayed at the same place in Novamar 2 as we did last November. The weather was red hot and we had to seek the shade of the balcony/terrace cover more than once…..very unlike us!

We had a trip down the coast to look at Villamartin, Ciudid Quasada and Benijofar.
Didn’t think much of Beni, but the other two had their positives. None were as nice as Gran Alacant though!
We also found time to have a better look around the fantastic Alicante, including the impressive Marina. We plan to spend a night at the hotel in the Marina there to experience it at night during our next trip!

First day breakfast was at La Piedra as usual but we thought we’d try somewhere down the Carabassi as it was closer and ended up at The Phoenix every day. Ann & Don are Geordies and therefore wonderful people!
We got a lot of useful information from them….as well as a great breakfast!
Evening meals were at The Gourmet curry place …Twice, The Alexandria, Aquarius and Shooters.
Curry was lush. Fish and chips at Aquarius too. Had a beautiful steak at the Alexandria.
I had the burger at Shooters which wasn’t great. Tasted cheap!
The visit to Aquarius was spent with friends who have a place out there….and are still there…which is nice….for them! ***Waves at laptop screen***. Not jealous….not at all……!

We also squeezed in a trip to the beach which was as good as last time. You’re so lucky to have such a fantastic coast line.
We had a day round the pool and can’t for the life of me understand how there could only be us there on a Sunday? Such a waste!
Hired a car from Record Go again but paid the insurance this time just in case. Whilst nothing happened, it was a weight off the shoulders. We got a discount and a free upgrade to a sporty little Clio GT Line.
I used to make a big thing of filling up hire cars before returning them coz they “rip you off” with their re-fuelling prices, but having actually calculated it, its next to nothing and not worth the bother!
They had refunded the unused fuel before we landed home. It’s good to not have a €900 hold on my credit card hanging over me!
Hoping to have another trip this year…..maybe September.
Also hoping that the new style homes they’re building will be up for next summer’s trip and hopefully a ‘Linda’ style will available to book for a week so we can see if we like them. We’ve viewed one, but need to try before we buy…if we do????…Brexit n’ all.

Cheers
Davy !!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 20:56. by dleafy »

Offline Graham H

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 16:54. »
We stay at a lovely house on Novamar 2, 3 or 4 times a year (second house in on the left hand side,next door to the strange lady with the lovely little dog which she takes great pleasure in hitting with a plastic pole ????). The pool there is wonderful and so quiet. Got friendly with the lad who owns The Gourmet and he always looks after us and his Madras Vindaloo Hot is bang on. Don always turns out lovely food in The Phoenix and best breakfast on the strip. Going back in 3 weeks. Can`t wait.  ;D

Offline Graham H

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 16:55. »
Looking forward to trying the new Tapas place upstairs  :)

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 22:01. »
Yep....same place we go to. Joaquin is a great owner and the place is fantastic. We're back in September.
Looking forward to it already.....although not so much that yappy bl00dy dog....lol

Offline Graham H

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 18:59. »
How strange all the properties in GA and we use the same 1  :D

Yes he`s a lovely lad and the place is spotless. The woman next door talks to the dog wanting him to reply and when he does she cracks it with a plastic pole.  :-\

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 19:51. »
She's a bit odd...but she keeps the garden looking beautiful.
Love those corner plots!

Offline Graham H

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 22:58. »
 ;D

Loads of time in the garden....

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 10:59. »
I've stayed at his place too. By far the best I've stayed in in GA. Pool out of this world. No rip off cleaning fees when you pay but have to do everything yourself . Back in two weeks but treating kids and their friends so staying in a bigger place but will be back in novamar later in the year.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 20:47. »
Yeah, I forgot about the lack of cleaning fees. We always leave the place as we found it....other than bedding and towels need washing.
Getting charged €60 elsewhere was a complete rip off!
Roll on September!

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 17:46. »
Yes it's a really nice house with a comfy sofas and up to date decor. Very convenient to everywhere. Also free WiFi. I would like to rent it for a month when life allows.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk