Author Topic: Beach access limited Mobility  (Read 657 times)

Offline Cavanbhoy

Beach access limited Mobility
« on: May 15, 2017, 19:35. »
Hi I just joined the forum today as we are going to Gran Alacant in Augstaying in Calle Cannarias for 2 weeks . It will be my first time their and was looking for some information regarding beach access  and bed hire. My wife has difficulty walking and has a blue badge for disability parking. My wife has recently been their with a friend and only went to the beach once as she went on the train and the walk from the stop to the beach was to hard for her. As I will be hiring a car in Aug is there any other access points to the beach with shorter walks and close to bed hire. Any help much appreciated

Offline cathk7@hotmail.com

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 20:00. »
If you drive through arenals toa place called Urban Nova you can park on the beach I would imagine it's going to be very busy in August were ever you go you can use your blue badges here.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 20:01. »
To be frank, you will be better off driving to Playa Lisa in Santa Pola , it has some disabled parking and you park right behind the beach which is flat and about 25M from the water. It is mainly a Spanish Locals beach and pay sun beds are very rare, but you can buy your own to take from the Chinese shops which will save you money in the long run.
The Carrabasi beaches have no disabled parking areas near them, the carpark by beach 1 has a steep uphill then down hill walk to the beach of probably 3-400 metres, beaches 2/3 and all the way into Los Arenales only have street parking and fairly long walks to the beach down wooden walkways.
On the subject of disabled bays, most of the ones I've seen locally appear to be an afterthought, and make driving into them more difficult than a normal parking bay, they certainly don't give you any extra room for opening doors or manoeuvring wheelchairs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 20:06. »
I was thinking of Urbanova, the other one is Varadero Beach in Santa Pola Esta, out of the car and onto the beach.
It's a few years since we've been there in August, too busy and too hot, you'll have to get there early to get a parking spot and you might find that the loungers are reserved

If you plan using the beach a lot you might find it cheaper to buy a couple of loungers from a bazaar rather than hiring.....oh and there's also the beach near the little church on the coast road to Santa Pola and Arenalas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 20:15. »
You could also park at the port area in Santa Pola and go to the beach by the Polamar hotel/apartments. It is just left of where all the boats are and new bars. There are no steps that I can think of, lots of beds to hire and the Polamar is great for lunch (and you can use their loos).   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II