Author Topic: a place in the sun etc etc  (Read 2149 times)

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
a place in the sun etc etc
« on: April 08, 2017, 11:13. »
Having been hooked on programes like these for the past 15 years i have the following observations.
  1/ The programe could be shortened from 1 hour to 20 mins co's no one one buys the first few properties shown.
  2/  over 15 years only 10% actually buy a property.
  3/ No one pays the asking price quoatation '' i am told the owner will be willing to drop the asking price to nearer your budget''
  4/ No one is ever in the swimming pool or sunning themselves in the communal gardens.
  Having listened to the comments by the buyers '' the kitchen is to small'' ''on a hill'' the bedrooms are to small'' ''don't like the tiling in the bathroom''  ''not enough outside space''  ''to near the maine road'' ''to near to neigbours property''....All this at properties around 10000euros.  I have come to the conclusion that my property near old max coop would be'' the home from hell''  ie minute kitchen ..no outside space..no views...on a busy road...small lounge...barking dogs...swimming pool packed. In conclusion if the holiday home sellers came to my property and i asked for 80000 euro i would end up with an offer of 60000 euro.
    BREAKING NEWS....on channel 4 this week i spotted a man getting out of the pool, wondered if he had been ordered out by the producers     At the end of the day i will stick hold of my place in the sun, in another 10 years it might be worth what i paid for it.   
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 11:35. »
Ha ha that made me laugh. I am hooked also. Place in the sun, Place in the winter sun. I record them then read the synopsis and delete any that arent in the costa blanca. Fast forward all the small talk and adverts and yes, watch about 20 mins.  Now u mention it there is never any one about. Only the staged convos with expats who say its the best thing they have ever done. Always Torre and Quesada. Never seen GA which I find quite odd but I believe it has been on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Chris C

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 12:49. »
I watch a lot of the old ones on C4 catch up, they have them on there back to around 2004. Likewise I have never seen GA featured which is quite surprising. Mind you in all the ones I've watched I've never seen anyway that I think I would prefer that to GA!

Ian - you can't be referring to the Serena urb, they have massive kitchens and some have great views too.

Offline petercs

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 14:01. »
There was one, some years ago, which viewed a property in GA.
The guy was not interested in it though, and guess what, did not want to live next door to barking dog(s)!

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 15:19. »
I dont get Place in the Sun anymore, its been replaced by Selling houses in the Sun, which is totally hopeless and not have as good as Place in the Sun. What channel is it on ?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 15:25. »
Your spot on Ian - love it when the people come out with €60K budgets and moan that he kitchens are a bit small. 

There must be a formula that answers the best value equation:

House Sq Mtrs / distance to the beach * proximity to the airport + flights per day

or something like that  ;D
BeachLife

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 15:38. »
Did anyone see "Spectacular Spain with Alex Polizzi" on Channel 5 ?

Nice review of Tabarca with a stop overnight in a boutique Bed and Breakfast - she showed our Alicante region in a very good light
BeachLife

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 18:13. »
I spoke with an estate agent last year who covered the calpe area, he was saying that his agency and many others had told the film company to clear off, he stated after 10 years of finding suitable properties, getting all the prior filming done, then shortlisting, followed by the arrival weeks later of the presenter and the "buyers". That in all this time his nor any agency locally could recall a property going to completion. Basically the producers were getting the estate agents to do all the work with a promise of promoting there business.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 20:54. »

Nice review of Tabarca with a stop overnight in a boutique Bed and Breakfast - she showed our Alicante region in a very good light

Cheers Rich, just watched it on the Kodi Box. Tabarca definitely impressed her.....her meal on the island didn't impress me!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 21:03. »
no chris, was referring to the minute kitchen in the corals
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 21:30. »

Cheers Rich, just watched it on the Kodi Box. Tabarca definitely impressed her.....her meal on the island didn't impress me!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looked bloody awful - and I'll try most things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline Chris C

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 21:58. »

Yes, really enjoyed last weeks episode traveling down from northern Spain, enspired me enough to want to drive down from uk now and do some sight-seeing. For all the sight-seeing and times I've visited GA over the years before buying, still never been to tabarca! Fancy booking b&b and staying there the night