Author Topic: Life Resort Supermarket  (Read 848 times)

Online SueB

Life Resort Supermarket
« on: April 02, 2017, 10:41. »
When we were over last October we went up to the Life Resort supermarket to get two bottles of water along with a couple of items and because the final bill seemed to be a little over what I had estimated it would be I noticed on the till screen that we had been charged for three bottles. They deducted the relevant amount and we did not think anymore about it. Two weeks ago as usual when we arrived we went up to get some provisions including two bottles of water. It was only when we got back that l happened to look at the receipt and once again we had been charged for three bottles. The next time we went up I checked the screen before paying and again we were charged for three 8L bottles of water when only purchasing two. I am not sure if they are entering x 2 and then when they lift the second bottle over it is updating it to three. Unfortunately I do not speak any Spanish or I would try to explain what is happening so do check your bill before leaving. I will see if they have a website and perhaps I can email them to explain what is happening.

Offline Bunny

Life Resort Supermarket
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 19:37. »
It reminds me a long time ago of going to a favourite Chinese restaurant in Benidorm, we were a group of 9. After a very pleasant meal  we asked for the bill. One of the party, she always scrutinised the bill wherever we went ::)  She came up with a statement that knocked us for six!!!

The items and prices on the bill were all correct, but the final amount was was WAY above what we had ordered. We were all incredulous, thinking she had a few vino's too many, so three more people tried to make sense of it.  Effectively, the till had obviously been fiddled with (don't ask me how!) 

A young couple near us decided to check their bill as they said  their bill  was much more expensive than they were expecting.

We obviously called the owner who replied it was impossible, mmmmmmmmm  we said, either you add each individual item in front of us BY HAND, or we would call the police.
He hastily apologised, and accepted the correct amount, as he did with the young couple.

One of the group did report it to the police, with the bill as proof!  funny, the restaurant closed down a few months later. 

Offline Calsh

Life Resort Supermarket
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 21:41. »
When we bought in 2005 my wife was forever challenging the change at the Maxcoop (now Unide) and I said she was paranoid - although never wrong as change was always short. We now look when in the queue and people just put change in their purse/pocket without checking.
Cal