Author Topic: Iberdrola.  (Read 3919 times)

Offline euroland

Iberdrola.
« on: March 27, 2017, 17:37. »
We used to get our bills every two months, just noticed they have started to take them every month, does anyone know if it's all been changed, talk about rip off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Iberdrola.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 17:50. »
Changed several months ago when smart meters were installed, bills are now all actual readings, no more estimates.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Linda Berry

Iberdrola.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 18:38. »
The big difference now is the standing charge of about 29 euros per 2 months,  is now 29 euros per month! That's what I,m seeing on my bills. Only my holiday home but standing charges whether there or not. Daylight robbery!  If in UK I would switch providers. Not so easy in Spain. Unless any knowledgeable people can enlighten me. Thankyou x

Offline euroland

Iberdrola.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 20:17. »
This is one of the biggest rip offs in Spain, they just do what they want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bramleylad

Iberdrola.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 00:55. »
What i can't understand (apart from Chinese writing ! ) is if its an accurate reading how come it's different every time ,although the electric is turned off at the mains and no one has been in ???

Offline thecanaries

Iberdrola.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 08:08. »
Exactly! We are now in dispute with iberdrola as we have the same thing happening to us, ours is just a holiday home on Altomar ll but it seems electric is being used even when we are away and all turned off. We are out in April and iberdrola have asked us to contact them again to find out what they have decided to do. This never happened before we had the Smart Meter put in!!!

Offline jdr

Iberdrola.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 11:41. »
We are also in dispute with Iberdrola, we were advised to go to the Citizens Advise (council ran agency) in central Santa Pola, under the central magistrates court, staff very friendly you have to go to make appointment to see lady lawyer, she was only too happy to take on yet more cases against Iberdola.
It does take time and till now we are still waiting but as they have a large amount of money we had to cough up unless they would cut us off!! so we have been in dispute over a year but on our last visit for update, she was very up beat as she was winning many cases in court in Valencia, we have changed our provider but to be truthful they are also part of Iberdrola
will have to wait this is Spain, 
Jim

Offline bramleylad

Iberdrola.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 17:42. »
Until they get their act together every customer of Iberdrola should turn the electric off for two hours a day this would lose them a huge amount of money ...... mind you they would probably just  charge you for the hours that were turned off anyway !!!! lol   :-[

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Iberdrola.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 11:05. »
strange thing happened this week.....had an email from iberdrola to say i had no paid my elec bill for 4 months and theatened to turn my elec off. I live in uk and pay all my bills by direct debit, so i rang iberdrola and they said the d/debit was cancelled in eary nov so i had to pay the o/s amount by credit card.  I have rang sol/bank and await their response, god knows what would have happened if one of our guests had been due there.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
Iberdrola.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 18:04. »
We always get notification by e-mail to say how much we owe so didn't they inform that you hadn't paid your bill
 Mushte     

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 18:41. »
I too get an email from Iberdrola every month but also have a yearly schedule for all the payments for my house giving the month they are due and the amount (from previous year). It's useful for budgeting every year.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Iberdrola.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 10:39. »
Of course i get an email every month from iberdrola with my bill, but i asumed sol bank would have paid it by direct debit as they have done for the past 12 years, it was only when i got an email from iberdrola to say they would cut off my supply co's i had not paid since Nov.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 17:05. »
I have checked my bill and only charges I get other than for electricity is about 6 euros for equipment hire and home protection whatever the latter is!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Iberdrola.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 17:50. »
I have checked my bill and only charges I get other than for electricity is about 6 euros for equipment hire and home protection whatever the latter is!

Are you sure?

We are with Iberdrola with a 5.5KW capacity, on a 30 day billing period with zero usage we are billed;

Capacity                     22.37€
Meter Equipment rental 0.80€
IVA                              4.87€

A total of                    28.04€

That equates to a standing charges of 0.93€ a day, or to look at it another way 341€ a year, ouch ouch ouch

Regards all

John

PS I had home protection removed from the bill last year
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 17:54. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 18:05. »
Home protection is a form of insurance sold by Iberdrola against damage to tvs, fridges, etc caused by a power surge. There was a thread recently about a door knocker selling this policy and people going and getting it removed from their contract as soon as they realized they'd been told porkies. You're paying 72 euros a year (is that plus iva as well, ie. 86.40 euros?). We don't pay it particularly as the power is off for approx 9 months of the year and I'd like to see a surge jump across a double-pole switch. We've been in GA for 16/17 years and never had a problem.