Author Topic: Advice Needed Please and husband thinks I am stupid to ask - Hot Tub on Roof  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Mummysanders

We bought 18 months ago a townhouse with under build and we love it. We have an adult son with autism and having a home in GA has meant that we an finally have holidays. The people in the area are amazing and I would love to be able to live there full time.
I enjoy a jacuzzi/hot tub and would love to put one on our roof terrace to enjoy the sea and other views. Not a permanent fixed one but an inflatable one that we can put up and down when we visit.
Husband thinks that the roof terrace would be unable to take the weight and I don't have a clue (I often have very mad ideas that aren't very sensible)
He refused to even post this as he thinks it is daft so hence I had to join the forum.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are coming out next week for a couple of weeks and I can't wait.
Many thanks

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
I would be very wary of putting a lot of weight on a roof terrace, you have no way of knowing what it can support, water weighs ten pounds a gallon, heavy stuff, very easy to have a ton of water sitting in a small area.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
As Kevin says I wouldn't do it, not without getting a structural engineer in who may well have to organise some fairly major work in order to establish what reinforcement is in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Definitely get a structural report the weight in that could br huge

Offline Maricia

I know a couple who recently had one installed by a local company (the shop in the GA commercial centre near the gym) and they organised structural survey, crane etc as they purchased a six berth fixed jacuzzi. I know you want an inflatable type but a conversation with the shop will guide you.
Good luck :)

Maricia

Offline Mummysanders

Thank you for the information.
My husband feels suitably vindicated, another one of my daft ideas!

Offline davidlawrence

We have had a inflatable spa on our solarium for 2 years now with no problem
It's a 4 person ( at a squeeze ) bestway lazy spa Miami 800 litres
We know of people who have slightly bigger spas with no problem
Not too sure about a fixed jacuzzi though,but in our experience you should be ok.
Leroy merlin in Elche sell inflatable spas,we brought ours from England as hold luggage  with ryanair,had to pay slightly extra weight wise