Author Topic: Rain  (Read 4863 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Rain
« on: March 13, 2017, 18:17. »
Wow just seen some photos of GA this morning that must have been some serious rain

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Rain
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 19:37. »
Not just this morning - unbelievable wind and rain this afternoon!  Worst I,ve seen in 14 years.

Bert

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rain
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 19:53. »
Ive just been reading some posts on Facebook......lots of folk taking about damp patches and water ingress
There are photos of a few trees that have gone down as well

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Rain
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 20:52. »
It's got us and all! I have had reports of three leaks manifesting themselves in the bathroom, lounge and kitchen, quite possibly from one source and spreading out, or maybe not, going to be a job to find the point of entry.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Rain
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 20:53. »
Ive just seen the flooding in Ave Polonia on Facebook. There will be a lot of damp basements after this I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Rain
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 20:53. »
Do any Altomar 2 owners know the community insurance position on this?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rain
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 21:10. »
Avda Polonia

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline denandrose

Rain
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 21:13. »
Hi Michael. May be worth phoning or e-mailing Gestifinc as they have recently changed Insurance Companies. Years ago when us and our neighbour had a massive problem no one wanted to know, our insurance, the then Admin company Insurance, they just blamed the builders as the house as only 4 years old, but do try them as the properties are well past the builders guarantee.
Denandrose
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 21:19. by denandrose »

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Rain
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 22:04. »
My underbuild is damp :( Where on Facebook do you see this stuff John? I am a facebook noob :(

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rain
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 22:15. »
Hi gaveteran, friends from GA and businesses in the area that share posts/information

Offline jdr

Rain
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 22:30. »
Hi All
Yes indeed the rain and wind has been very bad today
I would like to pass on our experiences with flooding and dealing with insurance companies here and Banks who sell insurances here in Spain, we have been flooded a few times now, in early Years, and now think that we have it correct at last.
The system here in Spain is totally different from UK, if like I would suggest what has happened today, a certain measured of excess amount of rain has fell over a measured time, or indeed wind speeds have again been measured a t a local point over a measured time the insurance companies do not pay out.
RELAX, IF you have insurance!! the Spanish government scheme pays out, all Spanish insurance companies ( known as the consortium ) pay a levy to this consortium  which is shown on your policy, we had our insurance with a company via Bank Inter our bank at time, ( not the bank insurance but sold by them) in the MASA buildings GA, this was on advise from who we bought through from ( Masa). At that time we were still residing in UK and when we got here bank could not help us, despite us paying the premium to them, many correspondents via bank failed to pay any thing for flood, as we live on a outside road under the control of Santa Pola council  where all the water came from, all visits to local councilor in library failed where she was based in those days.
If one does not get a claim form in motion with in 10 day you have no claim, we were advised on this by a British insurance agent in Santa Pola who did we did not at that time have any policy with, we do have now.
The consortium are very good the next time we had a flood, we have found them paying all costs incured and indeed paying cost to stop any more flooding by paying for measures within our property to stop flooding, this can not be said of Santa Pola council who have done very little to clean rubbish being washed along street clogging drains or any drain maintenance some have weeds grows and totally blocked (despite visits and photos taken to council personnel in Library).
Our advise is get all in motion ASAP, if you have insurance with any one apart from insurance agents for get it banks are interested in taking your money not helping YOU get money( sausages from butchers insurances from Insurance agents)

Cheers
Jim

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rain
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 22:41. »
A new feature has popped up today, a waterfall on the coast road to SP

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Rain
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 23:43. »
Is this some of Mr Trumps 'fake news', John?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rain
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 08:11. »
I bet the folk in GA wish it was Tony

Regards all

John

Offline Ledger

Rain
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 11:40. »
I hope I don't find an indoor swimming pool in my basement :(