Author Topic: English Soap Channels  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Kim Watts

English Soap Channels
« on: March 12, 2017, 19:16. »
Hi
Soon to be moving to GA and are keen UK soap followers. Can anybody advise on a good provider and approx monthly cost. We have heard some providers give poor picture quality. Are there also any providers that would give us all the Virgin channels we receive in the UK.
Kind Regards
Kim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online Chris C

English Soap Channels
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 19:54. »
If you are moving to Altomar II you will already have BBC and ITV through communal aerial. Not sure about other urbs

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
English Soap Channels
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 21:23. »
You can have a 1.1m dish put up that will take a freesat box that you can pause ff etc even HD and sky if you want it try GATV
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 21:28. by Spurs »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
English Soap Channels
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 22:37. »
If you're not here full time and don't want to splash out too much a  Kodi box is a great way to watch terrestrial TV, box sets, films, etc etc for a £30 outlay

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
English Soap Channels
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 07:25. »
It does presuppose you have a decent Internet connection though, so you still end up paying a subscription of some sort.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
English Soap Channels
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 07:59. »
Kim much to my annoyance the wife has been watching Corrie when we are in GA for the last 12 years,, this has been via a satellite dish on the roof and a sky box which became redundant. This system has given free tv consistently all this time, thats not say its the best just consistent, like many in ga we have seen so many new tv packages come and go simply because they are illegal reception in some form or another. Saying all that streaming is also looking pretty stable. I look at these things simply as, can i get a year of free tv, once thats achieved then if the signal gets blocked which it has many times then i move on. Nothing in spain is guaranteed!
They dont like it up em !

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
English Soap Channels
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 09:06. »
GATV fitted me a 1.1/1.2m dish and I receive all the Freesat channels subscription free. I use this coupled to an Openbox V8S which is better than the receiver they supplied. They also came and refitted my dish free when the recent gales blew it off my wall.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
English Soap Channels
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 11:26. »
If you do not want bother of a dish go to grannet who provide all the free sat English channels via the internet and super fast fibre optic cable, cost is about 25 euros pm for tv and internet. You can also add phone packages on if here permanently .