Author Topic: Kodi  (Read 1388 times)

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Kodi
« on: February 08, 2017, 20:32. »
Looks like the crackdown has started today several people have been arrested for selling loaded kodi boxes in raids across uk . I think people will find them a lot harder to come by in the coming weeks

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Kodi
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 21:54. »
Selling the boxes isn't illegal. Streaming through your internet is though.
To be honest, we've seen this for years from dodgy sky boxes to dodgy chipped cable boxes. They were all stopped and all were soon replaced with something else. It'll be the same if they ever stop the Kodi boxes, which I guess is a few years away yet!

You can download the kodi programme to your laptop, firestick or number of other devices, so there's not actually any need for the box.
One thing is certain. I won't be paying the £135 that my mate pays for Sky when I can get the same for free....even if it is usually a minute later!

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Kodi
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 22:01. »
I thought the same as you that selling the box wasn't illegal but apparantly it as the expletive involved have been arrested for chipping the boxes commonly known as jail breaking which it appears is now an offence against copyright laws. So you can buy and sell kodi boxes but not if they are jail broken

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Kodi
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 12:06. »
please correct me i am wrong, but i thought it was legal to buy an mxq  pro box as long as it was not pre loaded with kodi or mobdro,then you download kodi or mobdro yourself via your internet hub. There are pages & pages of these boxes for around £15+ on ebay.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Kodi
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 13:18. »
Hi yes I think you are right you can buy any box but the ones I was talking about were pre loaded with software so you can watch latest movie releases and sky bt sport etc which breaches copyright.  Even if you buy a legal one and download the software apparently that's now illegal .have to see where this goes there is an organisation set up financed by sky and bt sport to try to stop all illegal streaming this is the first roll of that dice but I suspect the horse has already bolted