Author Topic: caxton card holders  (Read 1072 times)

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
caxton card holders
« on: February 06, 2017, 11:07. »
got some euros from cah box @ solbank & was charged 1.80 euro for transaction.  now i uase bank opposite chino bazzer...no charge on my caxton card.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Stan

caxton card holders
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:58. »
Thanks for the tip! Still have a Caxton card but not used it for a while, their rate seems always to be about 3 or 4 cents less than what Transferwise can do. They have to make a profit somewhere though.

Offline Carolyn

caxton card holders
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 20:01. »
We have used a metro bank card to withdraw money from solbank cashpoint for a few years now and in the last few months are also now charged 1.80euros per transaction. When asked in the bank why there was no a charge no explanation could be given ! So I will be interested to see if this charge is applicable at any other bank.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
caxton card holders
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 20:36. »
We bank with Solbank and we noticed this charge last September when we used our UK debit card. There is an option at the point the charge is mentioned to cancel the transaction which I did. We bank at Solbank and when we raised the issue in the bank it was the first they had heard of it and initially insisted there was no charge until we insisted there was and they checked. Needless to say we don't use their ATM's any more.
We have not seen it at any of the other banks' ATM's that we use i.e. Santander, Deutsche.
I'm surprised it hasn't caught on but give it time I suppose.
Dave