Author Topic: Iberdrola  (Read 1756 times)

Offline thecanaries

Iberdrola
« on: February 02, 2017, 20:42. »
We were wondering if anyone else was having trouble with iberdrola, we are only out in GA 3 or 4 times a year but recently we have had a couple of bills where there has been electricity usage when no one has been in the apartment.
Iberdrola has told us to turn off the electricity for 10 minutes and check to make sure the meter stops, my parents are now there and have done this and in the 10 minutes it was off no electricity was used, but from the 15th January to the 30th (before they got there) the meter had gone from 403 to 413! Not that much over 15 days and that's probably why it didn't show any usage in 10 minutes!
Iberdrola have told us to get an independent electrician in to check the fuse board etc. We have never had a problem until the new meters were put in.  Has anyone else found themselves in a similar position?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Iberdrola
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 20:51. »
The last job I do when we leave is to turn the mains switch to off in our consumer unit.
No usage has ever been recorded when we are not at the house other than on the two monthly bills when estimates were used

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline thecanaries

Iberdrola
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 21:10. »
Yes, that's exactly what we do, that's why it's making no sense to us

Regards
Ashley

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 09:02. »
If new smart meters have been installed its possible that your meter has been miswired to someone else's house, heard of this in the UK where flats have a bank of meters outside of the properties.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Iberdrola
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 11:04. »
how do i know if a smart meter has been installed, am on calle canaries road.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Iberdrola
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05. »
I saw it on one of my bills, meter reading part way through the month followed by the zero opening read on the new meter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Iberdrola
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 13:02. »
Our smart meters in GA have a little green/red light. On a separate note i recall several years ago our water and electricity bills seemed a bit higher than usual, we never used to turns mains off but just unplugged everything,  i discreetly took metre readings on leaving and again on arrival and saw units used, though never proven but indicators showed that our neighbours were using an extension onto the roof and plugging it into my socket. Another neighbour looks after next doors, garden and kindly uses the water to do there own as well and top the pool up, whilst the cats away !
They dont like it up em !