Author Topic: Monforte del cid  (Read 2470 times)

Offline sunseeker

Monforte del cid
« on: February 01, 2017, 18:17. »
I am still looking to get a second or maybe main home in GA. I am trying to look at as many property websites and watching various TV shows as well as looking around when I come out, which is about 2 to 3 times a year. I keep being sent properties in Monforte del cid. They seem to literally half the price of GA. It seems as though there are less amenities and it is further from the beach (carabassi, I believe it is not far from San Juan but havent been there) but would be interested in what others think of it. Looking at shows like a Place in the sun, GA seems quite expensive now. Its not all about the money and I would rather pay more but be somewhere I like. My personal preference is to see a bit of life going by and I would not want to live in the sticks. Thank you in advance.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Monforte del cid
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 18:53. »
GA is more expensive than the areas you mention IMHO due to its proximity to Alicante, Elche, the airport and the beach.
We go out three times a week to Rojales, Queasada ( is that how you spell it) and Torrevieja ballroom dancing and have obviously made friends with people from these areas.
I have to say from chatting to those we have met from these areas there does seem to be far more "going on" than there is in GA and the people we meet are all very happy with their locations.
I guess like anything it's all to do with your attitude and expectations
If and when we buy again I will do a rental in the areas on our shortlist

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Monforte del cid
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 19:02. »
The main reason property is less there than GA is because by costa terms its in the back of beyond with poor access to airports and beaches etc. Its a lovely village with traditional spanish way of life, hence the property price is normal spain. In spain sunseeker you literally get what you pay for. Like you John we have long time friends in Quesuda who we meet with when we go over, i have to say theres a real nice community feel there which ga has never achieved.
They dont like it up em !

Offline sunseeker

Monforte del cid
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 19:28. »
Hi thank you for your responses. Funny you mention Quesada, it has featured several times in the past week on A place in the sun and the properties there are very reasonable and as you say it looks like it has a good community. I need to go further afield and check out some of these places when I next visit. Sounds like Monforte del cid may be too far out of the way. On my first visit to GA many years ago I just felt at home like it was very familiar and somewhere I felt I could fit in. I am not sure what caused that, just a feeling.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Monforte del cid
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 20:09. »
Like most original brits in GA i had that same feeling 15 years ago, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Offline Chris C

Monforte del cid
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 20:41. »
Do you mean Monforte del Cid or Urb Montecid? Urb Montecid is a new (or 10 or so years old) urbanisation about 25 mins on the Madrid road out of Alicante and there is literally nothing there - and I mean nothing! No bars, shops - Nothing! The houses there are peanuts and they have stunning views of the mountains. You only have to take a drive up there and walk round the place though for a feel of it compared to GA. It may be for some people who aren't bothered about amenities but it wouldn't be for me.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Monforte del cid
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 00:29. »
When we bought 16 years ago we spent ages looking at various places from los alcasores in the south up through Benidorm Altea etc but in the end the beach local area and the planned shops bars and restaurants swang it to GA and I can honestly say never regretted it and don't think I would ever sell it I can't think of anywhere better .cant wait to get back

Offline sunseeker

Monforte del cid
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 15:10. »
I am not sure if Monforte del cid and montecid are the same place? Sounds like too remote for me anyway.  I am coming back in June and going to rent one of the detached villas with the curved terraces in monte y mar and bringing my adult chilcren and their partners, who have not been to GA for a long time. Cannot wait. Keen to try as many of the different parts of GA as possible. Thank you to all for your advice.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Monforte del cid
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 10:50. »
We have been coming to GA since 2001 and seen the place grow and change hugely over the years. We find that there are now plenty of shops bars and restaurants, a lovely town centre (when we first came out there was nothing where the town centre is or around it and no villas along the bottom where they are still building the eco houses at all) and not that much up the top either. We love the fact that there are things going on, people around us, dance classes, pilates, the bowls club, the beach, the nature reserve, parascending if youre brave enough and a fabulous bike trail from here to santa pola, and all within ten minutes reach of the airport. We have found everyone very friendly and have more social life here than we had back in England. you are doing the right thing by trying different parts and renting before you buy, there are always bargains to be had wherever you look for property so renting is a good way of getting the feel of different parts of ga or anywhere, good luck.
Hazel

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Monforte del cid
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 20:16. »
Wheres the town centre ?

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Monforte del cid
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 20:53. »
Down by Mercadona.