Author Topic: It's warm enough to sit out!!!  (Read 2513 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
It's warm enough to sit out!!!
« on: January 24, 2017, 13:22. »
Hurray Hurray Hurray

After one of the most miserable weeks I can remember the sun is finally making a breakthrough

The last week has made me thankful of a few things

5.5Kw of electricery, I've no idea on how folk can cope with 3.5Kw in the winter
Panasonic Inverter Air Con....at least the living room and bedroom have been warm
The humble tumble drier, without it Lord knows how you would have dried the washing
The Kodi box, far better sitting in the warm at home watching TV than sitting in a cold bar.

#alwayslookonthebrightsideoflife

Regards all

John

PS At least the snow on the mountains behind Alicante looks lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 13:24. »
Good to hear it John.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 13:46. »
I'm back indoors

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 08:57. »
That was short-lived.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 10:20. »
Tony in my limited experience of GA over the last 15 years most things are short lived, even the weather at times.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 15:15. »
Glorious today, well once it got past about 12 o'clock.
Just had lunch on the patio sin tshirt, showing 22c in the shade on the southern facing patio

I cleared the odds and sods draw on the coffee table out the other day...the space I chuck all the business cards the restaurants give you when you receive your bill.......as Victor says it reminds you how short lived things are.
There's only one of them I miss, Alain and Kelly's place Los Belgas......and not forgetting Vanessa of course, we had some brilliant nights there, some very happy memories

Regards all

John

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 15:39. »
Yes that was a great place. I miss it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Keith and Jen

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 16:52. »
Yes, it was our favourite place and quite near our house.  It's a pity they got messed around by the water authority.

Some of the best GA eating places are up here on Calle Escandinavia.  Its a pity we are a bit out of the way.
The 'Good View' Indian restaurant is just a few paces away from where Las Belgas was - highly recommended.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline Keith and Jen

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 17:01. »
It's a good day for a walk.  We have just returned from a stroll up to the lighthouse and back; three things we noticed on Calle Escandinavia that we didn't see last October:-

A metal footbridge was being constructed over the small gorge on the seaward side of urb. Brisas del Faro.  Is this going to be part of a new public footway for us to use to admire the views across the bay?

There is a new beauty salon next to the Sports Centre, where the bricolaje used to be.

The market cafe El Tio Chato was open.  I didn't think it was used except on market day.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 18:28. »
I believe its going to be access to the area for paragliding. Am sure it will be very well received as folks have been clambering over countryside with their equipment for 15 years that I know of.  Little market cafe seems quite popular, hope it keeps going well for them.
Hazel

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 19:05. »
Weve also got fond memories of Los Belgas but again along with many of its customers has moved on. I think thats where as a non resident we always hoped the area would settle down and mature nicely over the years, and on our many returns during the year things were still the same, sadly it seems on each visit someone we know has left, another favourite eatery has sold up or walked away, whilst change can be good it does seem these last 5 years to be quite relentless.
They dont like it up em !