Author Topic: Speed Trap  (Read 2386 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Speed Trap
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 12:02. »
Hello all,

If you are not already aware the police have a radar check on the N332 just past Santa Pola that seems to be there at least a couple of times a week around 10am to midday. An unmarked car is parked either on the raised island at the left turn to the beach just past Pola Park or at the entrance to the saltworks. The aim - and I know from experience before Christmas - is to catch anyone who does not observe the speed reduction from 80 to 60kph at these two points.
You drive blissfully on until just past the tower where there is a point on the right where you can be pulled in safely and receive your fixed penalty. €50 if paid within 20 days or €100 if you don't.

If you get stuck behind someone observing the speed limit on the N332, apologies in advance.

Dave
I observe the change in speed limit from 80 to 60 but nearly always end up with a car three feet from my rear bumper, obviously someone who don't like slowing down.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Speed Trap
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 17:25. »
A reminder now that he holidays are coming up - the camera car is back again. Wednesday last week and yesterday; both times parked up at the right hand entrance to the saltworks if travelling towards La Marina.

I saved my usual convoy of tailgaters €50 each although to see some of the signage as they passed me at the watch tower some didn't appreciate it.

Dave

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Speed Trap
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 11:01. »
Thanks for the warning Dave  :) :)
Mike and Jane Hopper